04 | the happy blonde

' the magnificent power '

A COUGH ECHOED THROUGHOUT THE ROOM, breaking up the newly found mates' staring at each other with love and awe

A COUGH ECHOED THROUGHOUT THE ROOM, breaking up the newly found mates' staring at each other with love and awe. The three freshly mated blondes turned to look at the giant vampire with anger as he broke up a moment between all three. Emmett grinned cheekily as he saw their glares.

"Shut up, Emmett." Kate snapped as she extended her hands, electricity swirling around it as her powers were coming into action.

"Ohhhh! Pretty." Chloe was entranced by the swirls of electricity that sparkled around Kate's cold hand, her eyes widening at the bright lights and she couldn't help but want to grasp it.

"Wait! No!" They yelled but it was too late, Chloe has already touched Kate's hand, and instead of her letting go and being in pain, she felt the electricity course through her body. Her body began to shine with a bright gold light as her blonde hair flew up into the air. Her eyes changed from a dark crimson red to gold with sparks of blue.

The electricity swirled around her body before reaching her heart, the light expanding as it now had blue currents of electricity crackling around it. After a few seconds, it stopped. Her hair flew back down, her eyes went back to their usual red colour, and the light and blue currents of electricity flowed back into her body.

The blonde vampire shook her head, blinking rapidly as she shivered, the newfound power swirling inside of her body.

"Wow," Chloe muttered. She was confused. Of course, this wasn't the first time the same thing had happened to the older vampire. One time, she had accidentally touched a vampire who had the power of shadows and soon, black swirls wrapped around her as well as the same golden light she had come to love. It was like now except, instead of the blue currents, it was black swirls. And it also happened when she touched a witch. She had green and brown surges instead of blue currents.

Chloe stood still for a second, the vampires in the room all staring at her for her reaction. A squeal of happiness escaped her mouth, and she began to skip around the room, shocking the other vampires. They all rose a brow except for Kate, who stared gobsmacked at the fact that Chloe wasn't in pain on the floor.

"I got a new power!" She grinned widely before using her vampire speed to run outside. Her confused mates were about to follow her until she came running back in. She went running to Emmett and grinned mischievously. Chloe placed her hands on his shoulder and a bright light formed with blue swirling around it, similar to the one they all saw before. A crackling noise was heard as well as thud. Emmett grunted in pain as he fell to the floor, knees first as currents of electricity travelled throughout his frozen body. Chloe barked out a laugh, retracting her arms.

"Grow up, Emmy." She said childishly before skipping around the room.

"Me?! At least I'm not the one skipping around the room squeaking in a baby voice." Chloe stuck out her tongue at the younger vampire in the room which caused everyone to laugh.

It was now that everyone seemed to forget that the Volturi were coming, for they were too busy enjoying their time with the cheerful vampire that had sun-kissed hair and a bright smile.