fourtyseven

Daniels POV

"Mom, I need to go to LA." I said once more, sitting on the couch.

"Why?" She replied from the kitchen.

"Something is wrong. I know it." I once again check on my phone. Not a single word from Luna in a long time and to be honest that is stressing me out.

"You're going to LA after a few days, everything is alright."

"How can you know?" I ask my foot slightly tapping on the floor and that is making me even more nervous, so I tried to stop it but then my fingers started fiddling so I just let my foot do what it wants.

"I hope so."  She sighed, leaving me again stressing out on the couch.

~ 2h later ~

I booked a flight for me and mom to LA, not everyone else because they're all busy and stuff. Still not a single word from Luna, although I have been writing her.

Right now me and mom are sitting in the kitchen in our phones, the TV is going in the living room.

Logan is calling.

I accept a fast as I can.

"Hi, can you talk?" He asked, his voice making me worried, I have never heard him talk this serious and quiet, so I rose up from the slouchy position in the chair.

"Yes."

"Luna got into an accident." He said, his voice slightly shaking.

"She's unconscious, Daniel."

Unconscious.

What do I do?

Scream, run, stay frozen?

"I'm coming."

I jumped up from the chair and grabbed my luggage, while calling the Uber, my mom following close behind asking the same question all over again.

"What happened?"

~night time, LA~

I'm silently sleeping on my hands who are on Luna's cold hands, this is so weird because her hands were always so warm.

''Why did this happen?'' I asked just staring at her, hoping she would open her eyes and I could hear her soft voice again.

''This is my fault.'' I said looking at her dead-looking body, which is even weirder, she was always so full of happiness and laughter.

"I said we need to get here." I said again not waiting for my moms response, feeling a single tear roll down my cheek.

"It would've been too late." Mom responded, before yawning a little.

"You can go sleep at her house, she wouldn't mind." I said as I rose up from my position and gave my keys to her.

"And what about you?"

"I'm staying here, until she wakes up" She looked at me weirdly as I said that.

"And I'm not changing that." I said just before mom could say anything. We both said our goodbyes and now I'm here, alone with Luna, who is sleeping peacefully to the sound of the heart monitor, the questions from before still flying in my head, thinking about them all over again.