Chapter 1- Grey Sloan

"Alex, are you joining me for our next patient?" Arizona asked her friend walking in front of her.

"I would but Mer just paged me. I'll be there in a minute." He said as he continued walking out of the peds wing.

Arizona walked into her next patient's room with the patients chart up on an iPad. It read a five-year-old female who came in because of blood in her urine.

"Hi I'm Dr. Robbins and you must be Mr. Williams." She smiled walking up to shake the man's hand.

"No, I'm actually Jake Christi, Hadley's group home caregiver." He replied.

"Okay sorry for the confusion."

"It's quite alright."

Arizona turned to the young girl on the bed. She was staring at a little girl with light brown hair that was in two ponytails. She was wearing a slightly tattered well worn white cotton dress that had light pink hearts on it, pink leggings, one purple sock and one green sock. She looked adorable.

"And you must be Hadley Williams." Arizona said going up to the girl. She sat next to the girl on the bed.

"Ah huh..." Hadley whispered slightly as she put her thumb into her mouth.

"So you came in because you found blood in her urine?" Arizona asks getting up from the bed and looking at Jake.

"Yes. I believe it is blood. I found her crying in the bathroom and the toilet bowl was filled with red."

"Sweetie, did it hurt when you went to the bathroom?" Arizona asked looking down at Hadley

"Yah..." The little girl replied quietly

"How long has it hurt to go?" Arizona asked.

"...I not know."

"It's don't Hadley." Jake said sternly giving the five-year-old a glare.

"Don't know." Hadley said trying again.

"That's okay. Have you noticed anything red when you pee before today?" Arizona questioned.

The little girl nodded.

"Okay, do you know how many times?"

"Since we went to church."

"When was the last time you went to church?" Arizona looked up at Jake silently asking him when that was.

"A little over a week and a half ago..."

"I am going to order a set of tests for her. Do you mind if we talked outside?" Arizona said already moving outside. Jake followed Arizona outside of the room.

"Has she wet the bed lately?"

"Yes, but my wife and I assumed it was because of the new placement. She has only been with us for a month."

"Has she been going to the bathroom more than usual?"

"Again, maybe. We have six other kids to worry about Dr. Robbins. I'm not sure. She has been wetting the bed though, and she is usually the one we are telling to get out of the bathroom."

"Okay. I am going to get some blood tests and a urine sample done. I think she has a urinary tract infection, but the tests will confirm that."
Jake's phone started to ring.

"Excuse me, doctor." Jake went down the hall to take the call and Arizona went back into the hospital room to talk to Hadley.

"Sweetie, you okay?" Arizona asked sitting down next to the girl