Part 6

Stiles looked at the ultrasound picture that Deaton gave him the whole way back to their home. That little black point on there was his baby. It was incredible. "Are you okay, son?", Noah asked him after a few minutes of silence. "I'm scared", Stiles admitted "but I am unbelievably happy". "Me too", Noah said and made Stiles smile even brighter. He had his hand, the one that wasn't holding the picture, resting on his belly. He wasn't showing and he wouldn't be for some time but still he had the feeling he would maybe comfort the baby with the gesture. Deaton said he was a little over four weeks, which made sense as their anniversary was four and a half weeks ago. So he was in second month. He wouldn't start showing until at least mid third month. Then things would start to be difficult. Things like hiding his baby bump in school or getting out of PE. Also he needed to leave the lacrosse team which hurt him a bit as he just got into first row. Stiles got more and more nervous the nearer they came to their home. Being home meant he would see Derek soon which meant he needed to tell him about the pregnancy which inevitably lead to Derek hating and leaving him. He sighed and Noah noticed the frown on his face knowing exactly what his son was thinking about. "He won't hate you", he reasoned. "You can't know that", Stiles said sadly "maybe he doesn't want our baby". "Just tell him. I bet he'll be excited", Noah said as he parked the car in front of their house. They both headed inside and Stiles put the ultrasound picture on the kitchen table. He sat down on the sofa and let his head fall back. "Are you hungry?", his dad asked him. "Actually yes", Stiles answered honestly. "That's a good sign. I am gonna make you a sandwich", he disappeared into the kitchen. After a few seconds the doorbell rang and Stiles tried to hide his nervousness and screamed "it's open" to whom he supposed was Derek but turned out to be Isaac. "Isaac, hey. What are you doing here?", Stiles asked letting out the breath he was holding. "I wanted to check up on you. Someone said that you went home in the middle of your biology class because you didn't feel good", Isaac explained and Stiles' heart was happy at the thought that his friend cared about him. "I'm alright I guess", he half lied and attempted to smile at Isaac. Isaac stood in the middle of the room like he was lost and Stiles patted the seat next to him. "Why don't you sit down?", he asked and Isaac smiled and settled down next to him. There was a knock on the door again and somehow Stiles expected it to be Scott. Noah opened the door to show Derek. "I'm gonna make some more sandwiches", Noah said smiling and let Derek in. "Hey", Derek greeted noticing Isaac "I am gonna see if he needs help". And then he disappeared into the kitchen. Where the ultrasound picture was. Just as Stiles stood up Derek came back out with the picture in his hand. "What in hell's name is this?", he asked with his alpha voice. "Looks like an ultrasound picture", Isaac stated bluntly. "I know that", Derek growled holding the bridge of his nose "but whose is it? Which of the pack girls got herself pregnant? I would say Lydia is too clever... but wait maybe it was one of the guys who got some girl pregnant". Derek was in a rage and every word hurt Stiles like a knife to his heart. "Isaac please tell me you didn't get someone pregnant. Do you know how much work it is to raise a child? A baby is the last thing the pack needs in our situation. So please tell me this isn't yours", he said to his beta who looked at him like a deer in the headlights. "It's not his", Stiles mumbled, tears threatening to spill. "Then whose is it? Are they going to keep this baby?", Derek asked. "You bet your ass they are", Stiles spit out harshly getting protective over his unborn child. "Oh, so you know whose this is?", Derek sounded accusingly. "Yes, it's mine, okay?", Stiles yelled "it's fucking mine. Actually it's ours". "Wha...?", Derek looked at him as if he didn't understand the world anymore. "You heard me, Derek. I am pregnant. I know that's super weird, but I don't care. I don't know if you even care, but you are the father of course. But I don't think that this is of any interest for you. A baby is the last thing the pack needs, huh? Then count me out of the pack because I am going to keep this baby, do you hear me?", Stiles was fuming of rage. He needed to protect his baby at all costs. Tears were streaming down his face, the hope that Derek might actually be happy was long gone. Derek just stood there with eyes as wide as the sea and his mouth hanging open. Isaac didn't look any better. Noah stood in the doorframe to the kitchen looking sad. He really thought Derek would be happy about the news. He pitied his son. "I told you he would react like this, I told you he would hate me. Everyone's gonna hate me", Stiles said in the direction of his dad. He grabbed his keys and snapped the picture out of Derek's hand. "I'll be home later, I just need some air and time for myself", he said to his dad and went outside. Without hesitation Isaac followed him. Derek still didn't move. "I expected more from you", Noah said to him and that got Derek out of his trance. "I didn't know...", he mumbled. "He didn't know either. He was so excited about having a baby with you and he was so scared you would react like this and hate him", Noah explained. "If I had known it was his child...my child... I thought it was an accident from a one night stand of one of the boys or something. I wouldn't have dared to believe it could be our child", Derek said and Noah let out a breath. "Changes the situation, right?", he said. "It does. How did this happen? How could this even biologically happen?", Derek asked confused. Noah took two beers out of the fridge and handed one to Derek. "I'm gonna explain it to you. Give Stiles a little time and then talk to him. Don't leave him thinking you hate him and your baby", Noah said. "I could never hate him!", Derek demanded. "Good. Now let me explain..."