Part 18

"Hey, what was so important that you needed to stop me from colouring my nails?", Lydia asked as she walked into Derek's loft. "Everything would be more important than that, you know?", Jackson sassed and got a death glare from his former girlfriend. "Oh god is there something wrong with the babies?", Isaac panicked when he entered the room with Scott in tow. "They are fine, can't you hear their steady little heartbeats? It's like music", Malia cooed as she entered with Peter. Stiles smiled at his growing belly and lay a hand on top of it. Liam came in with Mason at last and the pack was finally fully settled. "Eat first", Derek said gesturing to the pizzas on the kitchen counter and the hungry teenagers didn't need to be told twice. They all got themselves a slice and settled down around Stiles. Derek took one over to his mate so he didn't have to get up. After two hours of eating in comfortable silence and a lot of talking, Jackson brought the topic of why they all got there in the first place up again. "So, what's up?", Jackson asked not taking his eyes off of Stiles' belly. "I'll tell you later when Noah and Melissa get here", Derek said and Stiles smiled, silently thanking him that he had told them to come too. "Jackson?", Stiles asked "are you okay?" "What?", Jackson shook his head and blushed when he noticed that he had stared at him "sorry". "No, it's okay", Stiles smiled at him fondly. "How far along are you?", Jackson asked shy. "Around Five and a half months", Stiles said and smiled at Derek. "Wouldn't you have a baby bump then?", he asked without a verbal filter. "Jackson, you can't just go around asking people where their baby bump is", Malia lectured him to everyone's amusement. "Thanks Malia", Stiles laughed. "But seriously, bro. I wondered about that too", Scott spoke up. "Did none of you notice that I started wearing baggier clothes?", Stiles raised an eyebrow at his friends. "I did", Lydia and Mason said in unison then smiled at each other. Stiles took the hem of his shirt and lifted it so his friends could see his belly. They all stared in awe and congratulated him on hiding it so well. "I don't mean to offend you, but you have gotten bigger", Lydia smiled at him. "I know", Stiles rubbed his belly absentmindedly "but that just means everything goes according to the plan Deaton said". Stiles shrugged and Lydia nodded. "Of course he got bigger. We only saw him not pregnant", Scott spoke up confused.
"No, I have already seen his bump", Lydia added proudly. "What?", Scott asked offended "why has she seen it and I didn't?" "Well first of all she didn't believe me I was pregnant so I needed to show her and second Scott...I am not the type of guy that runs around naked so that's why no one else did see it. Except for Derek of course", Stiles explained. "Actually you sometimes are the naked type of guy", Noah could be heard when he and Melissa entered the room. "Thanks dad", Stiles rolled his eyes. "He isn't wrong tho", Derek teased and Stiles shook his head laughing a little. The teenagers got up to congratulate Melissa and Noah on their engagement. "Oh my god", Stiles yelled and broke the cheering mood as he lay his hand on his bump and gasped. "What's wrong, baby?", Derek kneeled beside him in a second and looked at him concerned as did everyone else in the room. Stiles looked up at him, mouth wide open as a smile spread across his face. "One of the babies just kicked", he said and Derek's jaw dropped. "Come here", he said and grabbed Derek's hand to guide him to the spot where the baby just kicked him. Derek waited and then looked up at Stiles with wide eyes. "It kicked", he cheered. "I just told you so", Stiles laughed at Derek's amazement and kissed him. "Okay now let me get to my kicking grandchildren", Noah said and was next to lay his hand on his son's tummy. One after the other came over to feel the babies kicking until only Peter stood by the door not really sure if he was accepted. "Come here", Stiles said softly and waved him over. As Peter sat down beside him Stiles grabbed his hand and lay it down. "These are the kicks of my great-nephews or great-nieces", Peter whispered in awe. "You're gonna be a good great-uncle for them", Stiles smiled at him fondly and Peter looked at their hands on Stiles' tummy. "It fits perfectly as I see", he said gesturing to the ring on Stiles' finger "I am happy you are officially family soon". "Thank you", Stiles smiled and confused everyone in the room. "What does he mean?", Lydia was the first to ask and looked down at Stiles' hand again to notice the ring there. "I have never seen you wear a ring befo-... wait a second", she gasped "is that why you called us over?" "Surprise", Stiles sang and Lydia jumped up from her seat. "Oh my goooooood", she cooed and attacked her best friend "Congratulations! How did I not notice this ring on your finger?". "What is happening?", Scott, oh poor oblivious Scott, asked. "I asked Stiles to marry me and he said yes", Derek told his pack and everyone was quiet for a second before howling and cheering in joy. "I am so proud of you son", Noah said as he hugged his son tight. "And I am glad to count you as family, Derek. Thanks for protecting him", he said as he turned to his soon to be son in law. "This is so awesome. We're all gonna be one big family", Scott smiled enthusiastically and couldn't help himself but hug Stiles over and over again. Everyone hugged and smiled until the door opened and there was a loud thud as a bleeding Chris fell to the floor.