Chapter 4

“He has found us already.” Caden said softly

“Are you certain?” Dalia gasped

“Yes. For some reason they seem to believe that Charlotte is not right in the head.”

“It’s Charlie!” I interrupted, for which Caden sent a warm smile to me but continued talking.

“Her Father has been sending her to all these Doctors. I can understand that he wants to make sure she is well but to put us out in the open for no reason seems ridiculous. He found her through them. Thom had her hypnotised.” He shook his head at this “She came into the between worlds and she was lucky I was there. He must have spotted her and followed her back.” Caden explained

I was as much confused as I was annoyed to not be included in the conversation. Especially when I heard what sounded like my Dad’s name mentioned.

“So she was sent back to the wrong time?” Dalia sounded surprised and amused.

“So that’s why you shoved me?” I said at the same time as Dalia

“Yes to both of you. The timing was off I am not sure how much. We will have to figure it out later. And yes Charlie that was why you had to leave.”

“Because an evil red eyed dude is after you?” I asked.

“No he is after you. He always has been from the moment you first met.” Caden told me and I felt a shiver of fear run down my spine.

“He doesn’t even know me. Why would he be after me?” I started panicking just a little. Caden sent me a melt your heart smile and grabbed my hand.

“For far too many reasons: You have immense power, you are stunningly beautiful, your dedication and I think he even admires your stubbornness.” He smirked at me as he counted them off.

I was even more confused now; I mean I was nothing that he had just described. Beauty? Surely not me, I had crazy stick out at all angles curly hair and boring brown eyes. My body still hadn’t decided whether to be tall or short, so I was in the middle. I couldn’t see any positive aspects there at all. The only thing I guess I could agree on would be my stubbornness.

“I don’t have any of those things. I think he is looking at the wrong person.”

“Okay - let’s not get into that old argument.” Dalia interrupted with a roll of her eyes  “I think we should act normally, we should keep attending school, and continue with daily routines. We wait until he makes the next move.”

“What if that is far too late?” Caden asked anxiously.

“We need time to explain what is actually going on here.” Dalia gestured vaguely at me.

“Well I do not like it but I guess that is the most solid plan we have had yet.” Caden didn’t sound very enthusiastic.

That’s when I glanced at my watch. I was amazed how much time had lapsed; it felt like we had only just started talking a little while ago. This day was seriously getting beyond my control. I could only wonder what was going to happen next.

“Well most of the day is gone anyway, it’s already lunch time.” I told them and Caden grinned at me which started my heart racing again.

“You can fix that.”

“Huh... how?” I wondered with a shake of my head.

“Just like before. Here sit down again and close your eyes. Think of the time you want it to be. Remember all of us being at the front of the school when Isobel turned up. Remember all of us standing there and now be there. Open your eyes.”