Chapter 11

He broke off the kiss and gave me the most devastating smile that made my knees go weak. His eyes had me completely washed away in a sea of green while my lips tingled from his ministrations.

“We still should get going, sooner rather than later.” He left another lingering kiss on my lips before proceeding to start packing a bag full of clothes.

“I need to have a shower.” I said quietly He vaguely pointed in the direction too concentrated on his task “Uh I need some clean clothes as well.” He looked up at that with a cheeky grin.

“You could always...”

“Whatever your about to say the answer is no.” I interrupted him as I felt myself blushing profusely. I turned to walk away or at least I tried until a hand grabbed hold of mine.

“Where are you going young lady?” He asked teasingly as he tugged on my hand until I almost fell in his lap “Here these are your favourites.” He handed me some jeans and a long sleeve top “But these are all for me!”

He handed me a lacy white bra and matching knickers. If I was blushing before it was nothing to how red my face was now. I quickly disappeared into the bathroom as he chuckled naughtily.

“You can show me those whenever you want.” He called out

The bathroom was glorious a large bathtub stood against the wall and I couldn’t resist a good soak. I dropped in some sweet smelling liquid left on the side of the tub which bubbled and frothed invitingly. I sighed with pleasure as I lowered my body into the soothing hot water.

I laid back, closed my eyes and let go of everything that was troubling me. Unconsciously I started humming and then singing an old classic that I loved from the movies. It was something I loved to do when soaking in the tub. When a male voice joined in I let out a quick screech and my eyes dashed open. Caden was standing in the doorway singing in a deep and glorious voice.

I ducked my head down and lowered my body deeper into the water. Thank goodness for the bubbles! It was when he realised he was the only one singing that he seemed to understand where he was and what he was doing. He glanced quickly at me, noticing I was trying to hide and looked away just as fast.

“Oh hell I am terribly sorry Charlotte, I was not thinking clearly. I heard you singing…we always used to sing together.” He said haltingly as he edged his way out of the bathroom looking rather self-conscious.

“Really? We sang together?” My curiosity got the better of my embarrassment, I seemed to only learn tiny morsels of information about my other life here and I was desperate to learn more.

“Yes Hayden thought we were crazy.” He smiled in memory.

“Tell me more about us. I wish I was her. Do you call her Charlotte, because you seem to call me that horrible name a lot?”

“Her is you remember.” I had hoped he would miss my whispered remark but no such luck.

“It feels like we are two separate people though.” I said sadly.

“Yes I call you Charlotte; I always liked it better than Charlie. But sometimes you refuse to answer me since you hate your beautiful name. Over the years though you have got used to me calling you Charlotte.” He explained as he came back into the room and leaned against the counter.

“Why do you live here? I mean you’re supposed to be a prince shouldn’t you be living in a castle or something?” He laughed outrageously at this, til I could see tears in his eyes, when he finally settled down he answered

“I live here because you wanted to live here. You wanted a cottage so we found the cutest cottage ever. Or at least that’s what you called it. Plus I am never going to be King, my older brother Joseph is officially the bearer of that job. So I am free to do whatever I want and what I want is to spend my life with you.”