Quidditch

The days flew by like Harry on his new broom. That time the Gryffindors had their flying lessons with the Slytherins, Malfoy had been an extreme git. Even Emma had to admit it.

"Why did you take off with Longbottom's Remembrall?" Emma demanded as they walked to the Great Hall for dinner. "Now my idiot of a brother has a spot on the Gryffindor Quidditch team! I was hoping that I could impress Madam Hooch and maybe she could bend the first year rule a little! Now what?!"

"It's okay, Em," Daphne soothed her. "You could try out for the team next year."

"I don't want to wait till next year," Emma muttered. "Harry gets a Nimbus Two Thousand and now he's in the Quidditch team too? This is so unfair."

"People have always been unfair to us, Emily," Blaise said. "We're Slytherins, we're the bad house."

"How many times do I have to tell you, Blaise, my name isn't Emily!" Emma shouted, half a grin on her face. The first time she'd introduced herself, she had said her full name, Emma Lily Potter. They misheard it for Emily. The others have been using it for an inside joke ever since.

Emma was still very angry about the flying lesson. Blaise and Daphne had to admit that Draco was a bit of a git too. The only thing happy these few days was that Em and Daph managed to do the Levitation Charm on the first try, before that stuck up know-it-all Granger even lifted her wand.

The next day, there was the incident with the troll. Harry saved the day AGAIN. Apparently, he and the red haired Weasley had gone to the girls' bathroom to save Granger, who obviously couldn't save herself. Emma was in a very bad mood.

As they entered November, the weather turned very cold. The Quidditch season had also begun.

"It's gonna be Slytherin versus Gryffindor!" Blaise said excitedly one evening. "We gotta make sure Gryffindor don't win, or they'll come up second in the House Championship!"

"How're we supposed to do that? Blondie here's ruined our chance," Emma said.

"Who're you calling Blondie?" Draco demanded at the same time Daphne said "Nice one, Emma."

"Whose side're you on?" Draco asked Daphne.

"The side which thinks you're a git."

"Meanie."

"Blondie."

"My father will hear about this!"

"You gotta have some better comebacks, Draco."

Finally, the day of the match came. Everyone trudged down to the Quidditch pitch, wrapped in their warmest clothing. Daph had given them each a Slytherin scarf. Emma had charmed four flags to change colour from green to silver and back again. They all wore green sweaters. 

Lee Jordan from Gryffindor was doing the commentary. Madam Hooch gave a loud blast from her silver whistle and the players kicked into the air. A few minutes into the game, Gryffindor score. Daph and Em moaned while Draco and Blaise booed loudly. Harry was soaring high above searching for the Snitch. 

A few minutes into the game, Harry suddenly dived. He had seen the Snitch. So had Slytherin seeker Terence Higgs. Neck to neck they hurtled towards the Snitch, the Slytherins chanting Terence's name over and over. But Emma could see it. When it came to Quidditch, her mind was sharp and focused. She could see every detail. Terence wasn't going to make it. He wasn't fast enough. Just when Harry reached out to get the Snitch, WHAM! A roar of rage rose from the Gryffindor side. Slytherin captain Marcus Flint had blocked Harry.

"FOUL!" the Gryffindors screamed. 

"Nice save," Draco and Emma said in unision. Emma looked at Draco in surprise. "You saw that?"