The Mirror of Erised

Christmas was coming. One morning in mid-December Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow. The lake froze solid and THE WEASLEY TWINS WERE PUNISHED FOR BEWITCHING SEVERAL SNOWBALLS SO THAT THEY FOLLOWED QUIRELL AROUND, BOUNCING OFF THR BACK OF HIS HEAD(I highlighted this part because I'll never forget that they hit Voldy in the face with snowballs. MULTIPLE TIMES. I just love them.)

Some people were staying at Hogwarts for Christmas. The Weasleys were staying because Mr and Mrs Weasley were going to Romania to visit Ron's brother Charlie. Hermione was going home for Christmas too. She reminded Harry and Ron to search in the library while she was gone. To Harry's very great surprise, Malfoy, Zabini and Greengrass were all staying for Christmas.

"You didn't have to stay, guys," Emma told them as they were eating dinner on Christmas Eve.

"Nah, it's okay," Daphne said as she watched Blaise stuff pie in his mouth. "That's what friends are for - honestly, Blaise, can't you eat properly?!"

Since Daphne, Draco and Blaise were all pure blood, they were raised with impeccable manners and were all very artistic. Not many people knew that, since they didn't like to show it. Draco's mother had forced him to play the piano when he was young. There was a piano in the Slytherin common room because Mr Malfoy had put it there. Blaise could draw very well and Daphne could dance like an angel.

Emma felt very out of place among them as she was the only half blood and she didn't have any talent whatsoever. The Dursleys never let her learn anything. Daphne assured her that she was special in her own way. And the best thing was, they had all agreed to teach her their talents. Emma had been learning the piano, art and dance for the past two months.

After the last time Emma had called Draco a bloody git, he had improved a lot. He no longer teased the other students who didn't go home for the holidays, because his own best friend wasn't going home. Harry thought his behaviour was downright suspicious.

On Christmas Eve, Harry and Emma went to sleep, expecting a great day tomorrow, but not any presents. So it was a great surprise to the both of them when they woke up to find a stack of presents at the foot of their bed.

Harry got a flute from Hagrid, a fifty pence piece from the Dursleys, a sweater and fudge from Mrs Weasley, a large box of Chocolate Frogs from Hermione, and the Invisibility Cloak. To Harry's surprise, Emma had given him a figurine of a Hungarian Horntail. Harry had read about it in one of Hermione's books and he had always said how cool dragons were when they were still at the Dursleys. (The scene where Harry discovers his presents are in the books, so I'll focus more on Emma.)

"Merry Christmas, Em," Daphne said sleepily as they woke up on Christmas.

To Emma's surprise, she saw a pile of presents at the foot of her bed. She leapt up. "I've got presents!"

"Well, what did you expect?" Daphne said, picking through her own pile of Christmas presents. "Bird droppings?"

Emma stuck out her tongue at Daphnr and quickly tore open her Christmas presents. She stared in wonder at a music box from Hagrid made entirely out of wood. There was a man and a woman dancing about with a young boy and girl. Without a doubt, Emma knew that this was her parents and Harry. Her heart ached with pain and her eyes filled with tears. This was how it was supposed to be. They could've been a happy family if it weren't for Voldemort.

"Why are you crying?" A voice suddenly rang out from the door of their dormitory. (Some genius had broken the spell that forbid boys to the girls dormitory long before Emma, Draco, Daphne and Blaise came to Hogwarts. They are Slytherins after all *wink* )

"Draco! Blaise! You're not supposed to be in here! What if we sleep naked?!" Daphne exclaimed.

"You do? That would've been a sight," Blaise smirked.

A Different Sister (Editing)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara