The End of the Philosopher's Stone

A/N: The chapters between the Mirror of Erised and the Man with Two Faces (in the book) are too long and I couldn't fit Emma inside, so I didn't write them. To be honest, saving the day is more of the Golden Trio's thing (Emma could save the day by herself if she wanted to) Sorry.

Harry was in the hospital wing. Dumbledore had visited him. He was now pleading with Madam Pomfrey to let his friends and his sister in. 

"Just five minutes," Harry pleaded.

"Absolutely not."

"You let Professor Dumbledore in ..."

"Well, of course, that was the Headmaster, quite different. You need rest."

"I am resting, look, lying down and everything. Oh, go on, Madam Pomfrey ..."

"Oh, very well," she said. "But five minutes only."

And she let Ron, Hermione and Emma in.

"HARRY!" Hermione looked ready to fling her arms around him, but he was glad she didn't because his head still hurt a little.

"Are you all right, Harry?" Emma asked, her eyes wide with concern. Harry smiled.

"I'm all right, Em."

She looked away. He sighed. She still hadn't forgiven him. But at least she had spoke to him. Just one sentence. In months. Harry wasn't feeling very hopeful.

"Tell us the full story, will you, Harry?" Ron said. "There are these rumours but I don't know if half of it's true."

Ron, Hermione and Emma listened as Harry retold the story. They were a good audience and gasped at all the right places. After they asked a few more questions, Madam Pomfrey chased them out.

And then Hagrid came in. He gave Harry a photo album of his parents. A few photos included Emma and him too. Harry couldn't say anything.

"An' don't ye worry. I gave Emma a copy of 'er own."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Harry went to the end of year feast. The hall was decked out in the  Slytherin colours of green and silver to celebrate Slytherin's winning the House Cup for the seventh year in a row. A huge banner showing the Slytherin serpent covered the wall behind the High Table.

When Harry walked in there was a sudden hush and then everybody started talking loudly at once. He slipped into a seat between Ron and Hermione at the Gryffindor table and tried to ignore the fact that people were standing  up to look at him and the fact that Emma was staring at him creepily.

Fortunately, Dumbledore arrived moments later. The babble died away.

"Another year gone!" Dumbledore said cheerfully. "And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are all a little fuller than they were ... you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts ..."

"Now, as I understand, the House Cup here needs awarding and the points stand thus: in fourth place, Gryffindor, with three hundred and twelve points; in third, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty two; Ravenclaw have four hundred and twenty six, and Slytherin, four hundred and seventy two."

A storm of cheering broke out from the Slytherin table. Harry could see Emma and her friends jumping up and down with excitement. 

"Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin," said Dumbledore. "However, recent events must be taken into account."