2

"So, what's your story?" He asked as we all trudged along the cold, wet streets of lower Manhattan. Michaela had mentioned Luke during her dispute with Victoria earlier that day, but that's all I knew of him until about an hour ago when I first shook his hand. He said that he always had a passion for music, but he wished that he'd had the right tools and the proper training. So he left Kansas and traveled all the way here in hopes of opening up a successful music shop. He attended NYU for half a semester and met Michaela in his music theory class and ended up sleeping with Victoria one night. That was about two years ago and they've been together ever since. Luke was a cool-looking guy - even if I did say so myself. He had this sick haircut and dirty blonde hair and a "don't fuck with me" look in his eyes. He could literally wear whatever the hell he wanted and still manage to look like a badass. I had a feeling that this Luke Hemmings guy was as much of a Dean Winchester as he made everyone believe. After talking to him for a good half-hour, I think Luke is the kind of guy that would count the hairs on his lover's head but not tell them until he deemed it relevant.

"I'm not that interesting," I exhaled, seeing my breath leave my mouth as I turned my gaze to the ground, kicking pebbles up the street.

"I'm sure you're more interesting than me - I'm from Kansas," Luke said, furrowing his brow.

"Do you really wanna play this game with me, Hemmings?" I teased, looking up at him with a small smile.

"Try me," Luke snarled, obviously overconfident in the competition of 'my life is duller than yours'.

"Okay, um, I grew up here," I began, almost able to physically feel Luke rolling his eyes at me.

"Your life is already 20 times crazier than mine," Luke whined.

"But how cool would it be to live in a town where everybody knows your name?" I sighed longingly.

"It's hell...trust me," Luke stuck his hands in his jean pockets. "You've got everyone breathing down your neck, not enough originality to do anything important with your life...just hell."

"It's got to be better than living in a city the size of a shoebox and nobody cares about you..." I said, bringing my shoulder up to my nose and wiping it. "When nobody cares even if you do have originality or something important...it's just dog-eat-dog around here."

A few moments of silence struck as Luke mulled over everything I had said, "Nah, I still think you've got it better," he replied with a small chuckle. "Hey," he said suddenly, grabbing my shoulder. I could tell that he had something important to say. "I like you, so I'm gonna warn you," we had stopped walking; the girls were in front of us anyways so they didn't notice we were so far behind. I looked at Michaela. She had on shorts with these sick looking ripped tights and a nose ring. I don't even like nose rings. I mean - I have an earring and Luke has a lip-ring, but nose rings weren't my 'type'. So I don't know why I thought she looked so amazing.

Luke sighed before he continued, "I know sex with Michaela is hella rad - the best ever. But don't get caught up with her. Trust me." Luke's 'advice' made my stomach churn. How does he know what it's like to sleep with her? Multiple pangs of jealousy hit all over my body; how dare he say something like that? "Sometimes, you'll wake up from the sun from that dumb window and she'll be gone," Luke proceeded to talk even though I was fuming.

But she didn't, I thought to myself. She wasn't gone. My mind went back to this morning and how I did wake up to the sun from that fucking window, but I also remember how she had tried so desperately to block the sun for me.

"What if she wants to get caught up with me?" I said through slightly clenched teeth.

"That would explain why you're here, I suppose," I could tell that Luke was thinking hard about what he wanted to say and how he wanted to say it. But that didn't stop him from flat out telling me the truth, "Then that would mean you would end up like Riley."