9

“Michaela? Michaela,” a voice from behind the front door of the loft shouted as they banged on it. “Michaela open up, please,” it was Luke (highly intoxicated and a little sad, but still Luke). He had been missing for almost 3 weeks, but somehow, I wasn't surprised when he ended up here tonight.

I felt Michaela hop out of bed and quickly shuffle to the door, looping the chain-lock into place before quietly opening the door. She was always able to wake up much faster than I could, and it amazed me.

“Luke, what the hell?” I heard her hiss before I groaned and rolled to my side. I knew I had to wake up, to hear the full conversation between them, but my body was screaming for a decent night’s sleep. “Where have you been all this time? Have you been drinking? Do you want me to call you a cab?”

“I want you,” Luke slurred suddenly.

“You…you what?” Michaela yawned casually as though this wasn’t abnormal behavior at 4 in the morning.

“I need you. I need your lips, I need your legs, I need your face, and oh god, I need you so fucking bad.”

“Luke,” Michaela started to protest, but he kept going.

“I want to feel your skin on mine, I want to hold your hand and make sure you’re okay…I just – my god, I adore you. I adore every goddamn ounce. I adore your bones and your soul but I’m just a fucking loser, I lose everything that I have. But I would lose everything a thousand times before I lost you. I can’t lose you.” His voice had risen to a shout once again, but (even though he was clearly drunk and out of his mind) it seemed necessary. He sighed before he continued, “You’re that one thing that I can’t get out of my mind, no matter how hard I try, Michaela. I miss you. I just wish I could make you miss me, too.” Luke was crying now.

“I think you woke Michael up,” was all she had to say before closing the door.

My mouth fell open until I realized that she was just unlocking the chain that had separated them.

Slowly, I crept out of bed and towards the cracked door to see more of the action.

Luke was falling all over her, tears running down his face.

“Let’s get you to the couch, buddy,” Michaela mumbled as she slung his arm over her shoulder and helped him to the large futon on the other side of the loft. I could barely see them as he fell face-first on the material and groaned when he found out it wasn’t as soft as he anticipated – I could relate to that.

“What happened?” she asked softly once she had gotten him settled.

“I went home and I tried to go to sleep on the night of the Halloween party, but when Calum got home he had some girl with him. I tried really hard to ignore it but they were so loud and I went to see who it was and it was Victoria. I bet they’re still going at it right now and the whole thing just makes me sick,” he cried, even though it’s a really irrational thought to think that two people had sex for an entire month, non-stop. By the way he spoke, I could tell that he was spitting and crying and snotting all over the place.

“And what about earlier this month – when you and Victoria ended it. What happened there?”

He reached up and scratched the back of his neck before he responded, “She asked me what I was doing when I came late and I didn’t want to tell her that I bought you candy, because I love you, so I told her that it was none of her business. And she was all ‘but I’m your girlfriend, Lucas!’ I never liked when she called me that. You never called me Lucas, I love you so much,” with each syllable, Luke leaned in closer to Michaela and stuck his lips closer to her face.

“Luke, stop it, please,” Michaela sounded genuinely annoyed with Luke – not flattered at all. I would be more than flattered if someone told me that they adored my bones.

“Is this because of that dick you’re dating?” His mood swung from homeless puppy to violently homicidal in under a second – his tears gone.

“Luke, Michael isn’t a dick,” she soothed. “We like Michael, remember?”

“I liked him because I thought he would be like all of the other guys you came in with after you broke up with that dick Riley. I would never break up with you, Michaela I love you.”

“Luke, you have to stop saying that,” she shook her head. “You’re just drunk and you’re saying whatever right now, so just stop it, okay?”

“But Michaela, I truly love you. I love you so much. Whenever I see you with that dick Michael, I get really sad. Whenever I saw you with those guys, I got really sad. It’s not just a feeling that passes like normal ones, like boners or kidney stones, but a real feeling…like roses or peanut butter,” his voice was getting softer as the sentence progressed and I think he was finally drifting off to sleep.

 “Okay, Luke, I’m going to let you sleep now,” Michaela said, creeping back towards the door to her bedroom.

 “Can I have a kiss, please, you haven’t kissed me in so long, I need it,” he suddenly got more energetic than ever, trying to jump off of the futon like some kind of superhuman.

 “Okay,” Michaela said before kissing her hand and blowing in Luke’s general vicinity.

 “Thank,” Luke spoke before finally passing out.

 I flicked the light switch on when Michaela entered the room, earning a huge gasp from her (along with boob clutching).

 “I thought you were in bed, Mike,” she said, rubbing her arms. “I’m letting Luke spend the night because he’s drunk and –“

 “Yeah. I heard,” I said in a stiff monotone.

 No more games.

 “Oh, okay,” she yawned, shuffling to her side of the bed.

 I took her by surprise when I blocked her path, saying, “We need to talk.”

~*~

yeah i know this is really short but it's exciting!!!!!!! ok guys ashton favorited my tweet about how "we are out of control" so if u scroll through his favorites, ITS ME ok he's seen my face again things are happening he obviously wants to date me

vote/comment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!