things we felt; jealousy

@1DUpdates: Narry were last seen leaving Rita Ora's party fighting. Insider says Niall kissed Barbara Palvin.

"I'll have a vanilla soy latte - venti." Grimmy smiles at the somewhat starstruck barista behind the Starbucks counter.

"A-A-Anything else?" She asks, her gray eyes flitting back and forth from myself to Nick.

"A venti Java Chip frapuccino with an extra shot on expresso, please." I tell her, smirking at Nick. "You don't mind paying for me, right?"

"You know, Popstar, one of these days you're going to realize that you don't need to mooch off of everybody else anymore." Nick rolls his eyes, and hands his card over to the barista. She takes it with slightly shaky hands.

My phone goes off in my pocket, and I take it out to see I have a text message from Niall. twitter is goin crazy because you're out with the asshat Reese'll be piiiiiiiissed.

Good. Go hang out with Palvin just to make him extra mad then, I text back. Sighing out of frustration, I put my phone in my pocket and give Nick a look.

"Something the matter?"

"Niall is being ridiculous." I say quietly as we walk down to the other end to pick up our drinks. "We're not even dating, and he treats it like we are."

Grimmy's eyes widen. "You're not actually together, then? But I thought-"

Crap. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone.

"No, we aren't. Management is making us fake a relationship." I halfheartedly explain, then addunder my breath. "Please don't tell anyone."

"I won't, Harry. Don't worry." Nick pulls out his phone with a smile. "Let's annoy the shit out of him, eh?"

My eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Instagram." He says, as if one word explains everything. (It does.) I watch him press his screen a few times before he holds up the phone. Out of pure spite toward Niall, I turn my head and kiss Grimmy's cheek. He laughs. "I love it."

He snaps the photo, handing me his phone to pick the filter. I go with a classic black and white and give his phone back. "Write one of your snarky captions."

"I'll just write 'bae' and several dozen eggplants."

I laugh loudly and nod. "That's good. You'll definitely stay out of the papers tomorrow for that one."

"Popstar, you should know by now. My only goal in life is to be in every paper. Sugarscape loves my antics, anyway." Nick jokes, putting his phone away. Another barista calls out our names, and we go to collect our coffees.

"S'why we're friends, yeah?" I ask, sipping my coffee. I start to rethink my choice of a frozen one when I immediately begin to get a brain freeze. I'm so weak when it comes to things like that.

"Obviously. I leech to you and steal your limelight. Pretty soon all the women will be rushing to me instead of you."

"Either way they'll be disappointed. Don't you think?" I joke around, drinking more of my Starbucks as we head back onto the sidewalk.

"Seeing as we both like pecs and slight bulges in the crotch area of jeans, I would say yes."

"Don't discriminate. Some women might have those as well."

Nick scrunches his nose and shakes his head. "Don't think about it."

"Didn't even cross my mind once."

Nick gives me a look and shakes his head. "I can't complain. This is what I get for hanging out with teenagers. Anyway, what'd you get Rita for her birthday?" He changes the topic and sips his hot coffee.