6TH SHOT

THE SOUND OF the chair across from him moving pulled namjoon's gaze up to see yoongi taking a seat. a smile pulled full but slightly chapped lips up. "hey, man." he let out softly. "hey," yoongi grinned fully.

"you okay?" he asked, eyes scrutinising his best friend's form. "yeah. just work's got me stressed." namjoon responded with a sigh. "still can't figure out the new song?" yoongi reached for one of the unopened bottles of beer on the table.

"it's driving me insane." he admitted. "nothing seems to sound right. i think my frustration's even made kore leave the house for the night." he rubbed his temple. yoongi's brow quirked up at that. "where'd she go?" he queried.

"she says she's having a girls' night at isi's tonight. she left an hour before i did so i guess she must be at her place." namjoon answered. he caught the look on yoongi's face before he masked it. "what?" his eyes narrowed in suspicion. "it's nothing." yoongi shook his head. "i saw the face you made, hyung. what is it?"

yoongi sighed, leaning back. "i was at isi's before i came here. she's the reason i was late. and before you say anything, she just wanted me to look over her new sketches with her. but she never mentioned anything about a girls' night or kore coming over. she only said she was going to watch stranger things and go over the designs one more time."

namjoon stared for a moment, not able to come up with a reply. "maybe isi forgot." yoongi supplied after a moment of awkward silence. "yeah." namjoon finally nodded. "you know how she is. once she's sketching out new designs, it's like the world doesn't exist for her." the older friend added.

"probably, yeah." namjoon conceded. isi always got into her own world when it came to fashion designing. he pulled his lips up in another smile, taking a deep breath.

"but hyung, i really do need your advice on my song problem. you seem to be pushing out new songs every couple of weeks. help me." he changed subjects. yoongi smiled as he put the bottle to his lips. "what an exaggeration." namjoon grinned in reply. "is it though?"

he seemed fine for the rest of the night. chatting animatedly, laughing and talking work. but the truth was, he never stopped wondering if kore really was with isidora.

☀️☀️☀️

just realised i haven't put out an update in exactly two months. sorry about that but writer's block is a real bitch.