10TH SHOT

THE DOORS SHUT with a soft thud behind namjoon as he left the corner store, paper bag in hand. he could see yoongi waiting in the car, seat reclined, eyes most likely shut in a short nap. footsteps slow and deliberate, he made his way to the car.

then he saw her. he didn't know why but he remembered her so vividly. he assumed it was because she was the last face he saw before kore shattered his heart. the girl with the broken grocery bags in the rain.

she balanced a box of cupcakes in her hands as well as a takeaway package in one hand and a cup of coffee and a nude pink leather tote bag in the other. why did she always seem to have too many things to carry?

without thinking about it, he approached her, a soft smile on his face. "um, you need help with that?" he asked, watching as she lifted her head up to look at him. her eyes squinted for a moment as she stared at him and then she smiled gratefully, nodding. "yes, please."

he took the box of cupcakes and takeaway food wrapped in a foil paper swan. "thank you so much. i was already debating how i was going to get my keys out. my car is over there." she pointed in the opposite direction of yoongi and the car.

he noted her slight accent but couldn't pinpoint where it was from. he knew it was european but not which part. "it's nothing." he smiled warmly.

they walked side by side, namjoon glancing down at the box in his hands, trying to figure out what to say to her. "you're probably wondering what i'm doing with all this food." she piped when she caught him staring at the cupcakes. "no, i just..." he trailed off, unaware of how to continue.

"i have a food blog. and klo's kuppies asked me for a review so i got a free box of cupcakes." she informed. he glanced at the box again, catching the name of the pastry shop. "oh, that's nice." he replied, returning his gaze to her.

"sorry, you probably don't care. it's just that i tend to ramble a lot when i'm nervous. it's a bad habit. i–" she cut herself off, realising she was doing it again. namjoon's dimples popped out as an amused grin split his face. it was his first genuine smile in a while.

"it's fine. i don't mind." he answered, watching her cheeks flush. "i'm namjoon by the way. namjoon kim." he added on a second thought. a warm, relaxed smile took over her face. "gisela turan."

they stopped at a small blue car and gisela fetched her car keys out of her tote bag, quickly unlocking it. namjoon went around to the passenger side, placing the box and swan on the seat carefully. he shut the door and looked up at gisela. "i'll get going now."

"thank you so much, namjoon. i really appreciate it." she leaned forward, beaming gratefully. namjoon moved round front to stop in front of her. "it was nothing." he shook his head, glancing back towards the car to see if yoongi had stirred. "i should probably get going." his gaze moved back to her. "it was nice meeting you, gisela."

"you too, namjoon." she bobbed her head, voluminous hair bouncing with the action. she lifted one hand up in a wave, before turning to go into the car. "gisela?" he called, causing her to pause midway of entry. "yeah?" her gaze shifted to him. "what's the name of your blog? i mean i'm no chef but sometimes i like finding recipes."

another warm smile was sent his way. "gigi's bites." she answered. "okay," he nodded, pursing his lips and puffing out his cheeks. "i'll see you around then." he gave her a tiny wave before spinning around and walking towards his car where a sleeping yoongi was already rousing.

☀️☀️☀️

gisela's finally in the picture! so only eli's left, but he'll come in very soon.