Chapter 17: Steaming Hot

I enter the guest room and take all of my stuff back to Darius' bedroom.

We have a bet coming.

Finally something to take my mind off of today's conversation with Dad.

I take out my red lace lingerie that I prepared earlier this morning and leave with them to take a shower. I know Darius will be upstairs by the time I finish and I have planned this meticulously.

I shower with a rose scented gel and spray Coco Mademoiselle perfume on the tip of my neck hook and wrists.

I stare in the mirror and comb my long black hair, so that it falls over my shoulders in big shiny locks. Then I put on the sexy sleep attire. It is a short sleep-gown, reaching to my mid thighs. The upper part is red-black see-through lace shaped like a bralette. It is cut under the breasts and the lower red silk is split into two, uncovering my matching black-red lace thong.

I shake my head, smiling. My poor mate doesn't know what he's up against.

I open the door and see him lying in bed, covered up to his mid abdomen. He isn't wearing a shirt, of course. I feel wet only seeing his ripped upper body.

"Took you long enough," he notes switching the TV off and placing the remote on the side table.

Then he sees me.

I have to admit I have never seen him so lost for words. He doesn't even blink as his eyes follow my path from the bathroom towards the bed.

As I reach the foot of the bed, I can literally feel his eyes stripping me of my clothing and I suddenly feel so naked and raw.

I reach for a cover and pull it down as I climb onto the bed.

Fixing my pillow, I meet his gaze and my throat gets dry immediately.

His head is lowered, breathing low. His eyes are primal, hungry, raw, and dominant. They are the eyes of an alpha of a wild wolf pack staring into his mate's eyes.

And I feel something consuming me. Is it fear?
No, I realize. It's raw passion.

But I won't give in. I will not lose this bet.

I force myself to lay down and pull a cover over me, hiding the fact I'm turned on as hell.

Finally, he blinks, breaking our eye contact. "You really shouldn't have worn that if you don't want to be eaten," he says in a husky voice and it makes me shiver.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I whisper gazing into his dark eyes. "I always wear this to bed."

He inhales sharply, "Oh, please do." I watch his sharp jaw tighten as he pushes himself toward me.

"What are you doing, little wolf?" I bite my lower lip, teasing him. "We have a bet, don't we?"

"I don't care about the stupid bet," he narrows his gleaming eyes and puts his arm above my pillow, "please let me lose," he smirks.

"Well," I rub my head against his lower arm, "if you insist..."

His lips curl and he glowers over me, pulling down my cover painfully slowly.