Chapter 27: The Alpha

"You lost!" my wolf yelled to Simone, growling in happiness. It had only taken me 20 seconds to tackle her down.

"Get off of me," her wolf pleaded in irritation.

"Lily!" I heard Jorah's stern voice coming towards us.

I knew what that meant - I immediately shifted back to human form and got up to my feet. "Sorry, Jorah," I dusted myself off and looked for a shirt to throw back on. "We were just messing around," I pull my jeans back on.

"Don't let it happen again," he hissed, helping his daughter back up.

I contained a chuckle and ran to her house, my father standing on their porch, yet another disappointed look in his eyes. "Sorry, Alpha," he admonished. "It won't happen again. Those are the words you say, Lily."

I pursed my lips in irritation and said nothing as I passed by him into the house.

"You're fifteen. You should know better by now," he talked to my back.

"I don't call Alpha someone who isn't just that," I whispered to Dione, seated at the Emerson kitchen desk.

He lifted a shoulder, nodding in agreement. "Obviously. We all know James could eat the all three top leaders for breakfast," he commended our fifth-in-command. Dione and I were fascinated with wolf fighting - we use to attend sparing sessions and training as people enjoy sport matches, when we were kids.

"Quiet, you two," my dad reprimanded us once again and we continued eating in silence. It didn't matter - the mischievous gleam in our eyes told each other exactly what we thought anyway.

...

As Darius and I enter a clearing inside the woods, we stop, turning to face each other. The tension is so tense in the air.

"Ready, my love?" he teases as he takes off his shirt and pants, throwing them next to a nearby tree trunk.

He raises a provocative eyebrow, waiting for me to take off mine.

I lift my head and slowly unzip my jeans, then throw them next to his clothes. Then I pull my shirt off and smirk. "Whenever you are, sweety."

He laughs, utterly enjoying this and shifts into his big black wolf.

I follow suit.

Now to ensure a fair fight, I first need to reject you as my alpha, so we can't share thoughts.

Sure, he agrees. Won't last long anyway.

Our wolves circle around an immaginary circle as if marking our fight territory.

Then she attacks his wolf, lunging onto him in medium force. I ain't giving away anyway that easy.

But he doesn't even stagger.

He accepts us into his front legs and throws us onto the ground somehow, then gently bites our neck fur, holding the she-wolf trapped.