Chapter 9

One, two, one two, Stop.

The footsteps stopped outside the door and under it I could see a little shadow.  Find a weapon. My brain was trying to find a way out of this, even if it involved killing. Hide. If I hid then maybe he'd just leave? Think I tricked him and actually ran to another room? The window. Too dangerous right? If I jumped out I'd hurt myself and probably get dragged back in making it more painful.

The door knob turned, my heart skipped a beat and I did the only thing I thought was easiest and less risky. I crawled under the bed and curled up in a little ball, praying to God that he wouldn't find me, praying he wouldn't rape me. There was a loud knock on the door and I closed my eyes covering my mouth. Don't make a sound Sophie, he could hear you and easily get you! You know the punishment for that right? Shut up brain! I'm not dumb, just slightly insane. Why the hell did I want to stay here again? I can't even remember!

The door flew open and I peeked at the feet. He has big feet. Quite big muscles too. You know what they say about men with big feet...They wear bigger shoes obviously.

"Sophie" It was a whisper,  kind whisper but I wasn't trusting it. Don't trust anyone Sophie! Don't trust yourself either! Wow, now my own brain was turning against me. Who the hell do I have left now? I was alone...My head hurts, it always has since day one. Maybe I had a head injury? I remember Mikey, Ray, Gerard and Frank but there was a girl with me. She...She left me...

Tears filled my eyes and I found it hard not to make my voice shaky as I breathed in air. What do I have left then? Maybe I should just let Frank keep me, let him kill me...I have nothing. The footsteps walked around the bed, searching for me I suppose. I wanted to crawl out and hug him hoping he would forgive me for what I've done, but I couldn't move. I was frozen.

"Sophie! It's me!" It was the same whisper, his voice was so comforting, gentle but I didn't move. It was like my body was took over, it was being controlled by something and I didn't know what and I sure as hell didn't like it.

I heard a noise behind me, sounding like he crouched down. Then I could feel his eyes on me. They was watching me. I felt hands on my arms and I flinched, his hands were soft though, so tender. I was being pulled out from under the bed but only gently. I kept my eyes closed shut because I couldn't bare to watch what he was going to do to me. I was pulled up so I was in a sitting position, he pulled me into his chest, you could feel the muscle detail. He smelt different today, different aftershave perhaps? He stroked my cheek making hushing noises which made my eyes open a little. It wasn't Frank, it was Gerard.

"It's all okay Sophie...Just calm, breathe with me" He took in a deep breath and I mimicked him, he breathed out slowly and I copied. "That's it" He smiled but I just stared at him dumbly. What was wrong? Did I have a panic attack or something? He picked me up bridal style and tried making me rest my head on his shoulder.

"What's wrong" I asked looking into his eyes, they was full of worry which made me worry. What was wrong with me?

"Just try and rest, I'll get you to the hospital okay?" He smiled warmly and started walking. Hospital? I know I hit my head but surely if it was serious then it would have happened earlier? I wasn't dying was I? I didn't want to die...I wanted to remember who that girl was so I could kick her ass! I wanted to know who my family was and when I could see them again! I wanted to know so many things so I wasn't going to let myself die! I'll fight if I am dying.

"Am I dying" I whispered faintly, I could feel his heart beat fasten and I closed my eyes letting a tear slip down my face.

"No" It wasn't the quickest reply or most believable but that's all he had to say to make me calm down...A little bit.

He walked down the stairs, I couldn't see Frankie anywhere. All I could see was a bat with blood on it on the floor. Is he dead? What happened here when I was upstairs?

"He's fine" It was like he read my mind. I nodded slowly and kept hold of him. Maybe hospital was a good idea? He kicked the front door open and I was blinded by red and blue lights. People was aiming guns at the house and I just squinted staring at them. "I NEED TO TAKE HER TO THE AMBULANCE" He shouted.

"Put her down Gerard!" An Officer shouted. "Put her down and put your hands in the air" He was aiming at his head. I looked at Gerard worried and saw he had blood on his top...They think he hurt me? He kissed my forehead tearing up and slowly but carefully placed me on the floor. A few officers started stepping forwards, towards me...But I didn't want them. I didn't really know them. To be honest the only person I did know was Gerard!

"Don't leave me" I held my head and teared up looking at me. "LET HIM COME WITH ME!" I screamed making the officers flinch. They tried to pick me up but I refused to let them. "He's innocent! He saved me, please!" I begged and they looked at one person who stood out from the crowd. He had a mustache and didn't have any armour on.

"Officer Laky, go with them two" He ordered the officer next to me and he nodded. Gerard sighed with relief and picked me up. I smiled and hugged him tight. Don't trust anyone! BRAIN! SHUT THE FUCK UP.

"You'll be fine" He reassured me and stepped into an ambulance van. The officer stepped in and watched him carefully. I laid down on the bed and the medic walked over smiling. Gerard held my hand, supporting me.

"I'm just going to give you something to send you to sleep" She whispered pulling out a needle, I heard Gerard wince and his grip tightened on my hand as he looked away. She brought the needle to my arm and injected me with the liquid. "When you wake, everything will be just fine" She smiled and walked over to the medicine cabinet. The van started and the sirens screeched in my ears. The way everyone said I would be fine, how they repeated it...I didn't believe them. It wasn't fine and they knew it, they just think lying to me about it will help. My eyes shut slowly and I let myself drift into a sleep even knowing that I may not wake up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I don't know why but I found writing this chapter interesting...Anyway, I left school *WHOOP :D* So this means, I can complete the book >:D! I have so many open books *I apologise* But I will complete them All...MWUHAHAHAHAH!