Chapter 11

Gerard looked so peaceful when he slept. It was a shame his head was on my hand making it go numb. I couldn't help but smile at him though, it was so cute!

I heard a faint knock and then the door opened slowly to reveal Ray and Mikey. I smiled at them and they walked in slowly, they was careful not to wake Gerard up. They sat down opposite Gerard and smiled at me slowly.

"We're sorry" Mikey whispered looking at my head, "We're so so sorry. We know it's too late but...I'd rather go to jail with a clear head if you know what I mean?" He shrugged and looked at his hands on his lap.

"You're not going to jail. You're innocent" I whispered and their heads snapped up, confused by my words. Their reaction was quite funny actually. "It's all Frank's fault" I shrugged and they shook their heads, "No arguing or I hit you both" I threatened and they chuckled quietly.

"Thanks Sophie" Ray whispered holding out his hand, I took it and he shook it firmly, "We really do appreciate it"

"Buy me a cookie and we're even" I smirked and they laughed.

"We saw Joey run in the hospital with what we think is your family. We've never seen them so" Mikey shrugged. "There was a boy with them. Looked quite old"

"My brother" I whispered covering my mouth with my free hand. Of course...How could I forget that dog? I always called him dog to annoy him, plus he was annoying back to me. "My family!" Tears filled my eyes and I laughed! I was finally able to see my family again!

I could hear loud footsteps down the hall and I sat up straight smiling. I. Couldn't. Wait! Ray and Mikey stood up slowly and left obviously knowing that I wanted my family in here, to hug them and cry into their shoulders. To tell them that I'm okay and to say I missed them. A man ran into the room, panting and red eyed. I looked at him, observing him carefully. Yup, that was Jake. His brown shaggy hair hung in his face and his cheeks were red from the running.

"S...Sophie" He choked out and run to me hugging me tight. "Oh God...Sophie!" I could feel my top getting soaked in tears. "I've fucking missed you" He sobbed and I rubbed his back joining in with the crying. Gerard was awake by now, he sat up and watched sadly.

"I've fucking missed you too" I mumbled burying my head into his shoulder. I pulled him on the bed so he sat with me and cried more.

"No swearing!" I heard a female voice, a voice I wanted to hear all along. My mother. I blinked weakly and looked up to see her standing there. "My baby" She croaked out running and hugging me. It surprised me when my dad ran over and hugged me. We've never been that close, we'd never really hug. I guess this whole kidnapping thing brought us together in the end.

"I love you" I cried out aiming it at everyone in the room, including Gerard. They chuckled and hugged me tight. My mother tried to hush me, calm me down but I was too happy. I was too excited to see my own family again. They all let go slowly and my mother gave me a tissue so I could wipe the tears away, I did and held it tight in my palm. "I'm so glad I got to see you again" I smiled wide and saw a girl stand at the end of the bed. She looked so sad when she saw me, she was so pale as if she hadn't slept in days.

"I'm so sorry" She croaked out tearing up and trying to calm herself with deep breaths. "I tried...I really tried" She sniffed and I nodded.

"It's not your fault" I whispered, "Like I said to the others...It's all Frank's"

"What do you mean all Frank's? It was the other men too Sophie!" Mum frowned and looked at Gerard, I shook my head and went to explain but like always, she cut me off. "They're all going to prison! I'm not letting them walk away when they're guilty"

"Mum"

"That's not justice!"

"MUM SHUT UP" I frowned. At least I knew my mother was her old self? But this is a time where I needed to shut her up to explain. To be able to have my voice be heard. "Gerard saved me, the others tried to help...It's just Frank. I'm not pressing charges against them. Neither is any of you. Joey, you're changing your statement so they go innocent. It's the least you can do for me after leaving me" It was harsh but I tried to make her feel bad just so they got free. She nodded and looked down as I turned to mum. "If you really loved me, you'd trust me on this" I whispered and she nodded sadly. I knew she was upset at the guys for kidnapping me but the only dangerous one was Frankie, who decided to keep me longer.

"I have to go for a second" Gerard whispered and walked towards the door where a police officer stood. I sighed and yawned.

"Can I be alone? I want to sleep, go get some food" I smiled at everyone and they nodded walking out. I laid back down, getting comfy and closing my eyes. It was so quiet that I could hear Gerard and the officer talk outside.

"We searched the house, we got his DNA from the blood on the bat and floor but there was no sign of Mr Iero" The officer informed him. "Can you tell us what happened after you used the knife in self defence?"

"He came towards me, the knife went into him and I backed up. He just...Smiled at me like it didn't happen. But I knew it was real because he was bent over and the blood was well, blood! He winked at me and told me something, then he ran" Gerard sighed and my eyes widened.

"What did he say Mr Way? This is very important"

"He'll be back, and next time. He's going to kill everyone she loves until she's on her own" Those words hit my heart like I just got stabbed. They haven't caught him. They don't know where he is. His somewhere out there, plotting when to strike. My family is in danger and what for? Because he wants me. He wants me all to himself and he'll do anything to get what he wants now. Maybe this is a battle I can not win.