Chapter 9; Oblivious To Thier Surroundings.

Words: 1116

Louis awoke with the feeling of strong arms wrapped around him. His smile faded as he went over yesterdays happenings. He suddenly felt dirty. The drug was his dirt. Sticking to him. He shifted in the arms of the ghost, Trying to escape the warm embrace.

There was no luck. Harry had him stuck.

Suddenly there was a knock at his door and Louis started to worry.

"Harry," he whispered. Making sure the person stood behind the door couldn't hear him. "Harry wake up." Louis shook the boy beneath him. Doing his best to wake the sleeping ghost.

"Whaat.." Harry grumbled.

"Could you let go of me please? There is someone at the door and I need to go and unlock it." His arms loosened slowly and Louis was soon let free.

Walking over to the door, Louis got a glimpse of what he looked like in his mirror. He wasn't surprised when he spotted the dark circles under his eyes.

He placed his hand on the lock, sliding it sideways, before twisting the door handle to reveal the person behind the long piece of wood.

Louis' father stood in front of him, a faint smile on his face, trying to show a little of emotion towards his son.

"Louis," His father started. Louis knew what was coming next. He knew he wasn't going to enjoy it either. He always used this tone of voice when he wanted Louis to do something, or when he was leaving the country. Either way, Louis never knew how to react.

Louis nodded. As if to tell the man to continue.

"Well, I just wanted to say- I'm going to get straight to the point. Louis, as you know, you are old enough to get yourself a job. I have funded your way through your entire life and I think its about time you learn what its like to live in the real world. I will not ask you to move out, I am happy to have you stay here as long as you need. But I really do think that, for your sake, you find out what life is really about." Louis stood with a blank expression. Turning around, he ignored his fathers stare and shut the door behind him.

Harry watched Louis, as he stared out of the bedroom window. Louis' father was being harsh on Louis. He was never there for him. He knew nothing of what Louis' life was really like. He didn't know of the episode the twp of them had the day before. He didn't know that his own son had troubles that he couldn't go through alone. 

Harry stood up. Walked towards Louis and wrapped his arms around the boys waits. Fitting his head perfectly where Louis' neck meets his shoulder. The two stood silently. Louis not really acknowledging Harry's presence behind him. He didn't really feel Harry's arms around his waist. His breathe on his neck. Louis didn't feel anything at that moment.

The drugs had settled. They had left his system so Louis had no clue on what was really happening. But he knew it wasn't right. 

 When Harry felt a drip of water fall onto his hand, he didn't really know what to do. He started to panic when he felt a second. Third. All three of Louis' tears rolled down his hand, landing silently on the floor. Slowly, Harry turned Louis around in his arms. Figuring that that was the best thing to do right now. 

"I don't know what to do Harry." Louis sobbed. Hiccuping slightly as he tried his best to hold back his tears. "Even my own father is clueless to whats going on around him." Harry didn't say a word. The only thing he was doing, whilst rubbing soothing circles on Louis' back. He was afraid that if he spoke, seeing Louis like this, he would break. Crumble right in front of the broken boy.

And he couldn't let himself do that. He was here to help him. Not the other way around.

So again, they stood in near silence. The only sound heard, were little sniffles from Louis or quiet 'every things going to be fine you got me's from Harry. 

That was how the morning got spent. 

The rest of the day went a little differently. 

Harry took Louis out for the day. Although to others, it might have looked as if Louis was on his own, really he had the most beautiful boy by his side the entire time. 

Harry was sure to point out posters for interviews, or internships that Louis might enjoy. Knowing him well enough not to pick anything that involved too much work.

Louis would just smile a light smile and mutter a small 'maybe'.  

 They walked around the small town of Doncaster until the sun set, and the winter weather arrived. The rain dripped and dropped onto the dark pavements in the street. Harry wore his dark blue coat over his normal outfit, consisting of black tight jeans and a soft white T-shirt. Louis, however, wore a light coloured raincoat, dark red coloured trousers and a plain wight top. Both of the boys were soaked head to toe in rainwater by the time they even made it to the bus stop. Louis had both of his hands shoved into his pockets, trying to keep them as warm as possible and out of the coldness of the air around him. 

As they sat down at the back of the nearly empty bus, Harry noticed louis' legs shaking due to the cold weather. he took it upon his self to lean towards the shivering boy, wrapping his long arm around his waist, pulling Louis as close to himself as was humanly possible. 

Louis instantly started to warm up. Feeling the heat form the boy sat next to him. The small amount of people were oblivious to the broken and see through boys sat at the back of the bus.

And the two boys were oblivious to them. 

________________________________

Okay so this maybe a little shorter than usual and I'm sorry but I have been focusing on my English exams. 

But now they are over with, and I have no other exams I can start writing agaaaain YAAAY. 

I'm not going to make this a long one because tbh no one reads these. 

There is a song on the side, just thought I would let you know. It is one of my favourites and a childhood song so go listen to it if you please. 

Btw its I Miss You by Blink 182. Best song ever I think. 

So yeah comment, vote and follow, love you allllll so much....

 Words: 1100