don't

updating announcement !!! from now on, this fanfic will be updated every sunday. sorry if it's too long of a wait !!

Contrary to popular belief ( by 'popular belief' he means Shitty Hair and his friends, Dunce Face, Alien Bitch, and Bondage Gear ) he is not stupid.
Even though he is, technically, an animal, he understands humans perfectly fine.

So he knows what's happening. He knows that Shouto's been staying with him after he goes to 'sleep' because he's been having nightmares.

He also knows that Shouto himself has already read about the shapeshifter Endeavor is looking for.  And if the wizard knows this, then --- as much as Katsuki would hate to admit it --- would probably put two and two together and find out that the shapeshifter his father is looking for is, of all people, Katsuki.

And even though it pains him to say it, Bakugou knows that Shouto is very capable of actually using his damn brain cells.

Katsuki is snapped out of his thoughts when he feels a smooth hand gently ruffle his head, and he resists the urge to let out a small whine.
Only his mother's ever made him feel this way. And he realizes that he's growing used to this fucker --- and they've only been living together for a week!
But even still, Shouto's gentle petting feels...good. He's comfortable around half 'n' half, so he let's go of his pride and snuggles into his companion, burying his nose in the other's stomach.

He hears Shouto laugh.

They stay like that, together, for a while.

~

A few days later, Bakugou collapses. He can faintly register the sound of Shouto's panicked screams, but the sheer agony that his leg is putting him through blocks out most of it.

"Kasai!" He hears Shouto shout.

Through his nearly-closed eyelids, he can see a blurry figure, and he stares straight into mismatched eyes, the color tinged with worry and fear.

That's the last thing he perceives before darkness swallows him whole.

~

A whimper crawls its way out of his throat as his eyes slowly, but surely, focus on the scene around him.

There's red and white strands of hair tickling his nose. He wriggles from Shouto's death grip and gently lifts his leg, only to see that it had fresh bandages on it.

Infection ? He wonders.

He stays still until IcyHot opens his heterochromatic eyes, which lock onto his on ruby red pools the moment the wizard looks up.

"Oh," the bastard says, relieved, "you're okay."

"Of course I would be," he wants to say, but he keeps his mouth shut at the moment. Half 'n' half looks like he's going to burst into tears, anyway.

So Bakugou does what any shapeshifter would do --- claw at the wizard's face. "Argh!" Shouto yelps, surprised. "What the hell, Kasai!"

Bakugou only does what he thinks is a smug, wolffish grin.

Shouto snorts, amused.

~

They go hunting one day, and Bakugou cannot be more thrilled. The crisp air, accompanied with dainty dots of fresh snow, settles around his fur. For a moment, he feels like a king.

"It's so hot today," the wizard complains, and he stares at him for a full minute, deciding if IcyHot is crazy or not. He decides on the former.

Then his brain finally catches up and he realizes that Shouto is radiating heat from his body without thinking.

"Dumbass," Bakugou growls under his breath.

"Let's go!" The younger Todoroki smiles --- smiles --- Bakugou does a double take.

"Who are you and what have you done to my Shouto?" He questions, even though he knows that the bastard wouldn't be able to understand him anyway. Then he notices his word choice : 'My Shouto.'

A deep rumbling makes its way out of his mouth and he shakes his head to forget about his strange possessiveness.

He barks.

Let's go hunting, Shouto!

And somehow, Shouto understands.

~

Katsuki stifles a laugh as the 'thermostat' throws the rifle on the ground in fury, and decides the just freeze the animal instead.

It works better than any of his previous attempts with the gun.

He, on the other hand (paw?) has already killed many animals. In reality, all he does his chase after them in pure savage glory, and when he gets bored of chasing he just leaps and brutally attacks the animal.

Shouto describes this way of killing as, 'mildly unsettling, if you weren't a wolf.'

His response had been a slash on the throat of a nearby rabbit.

"Finally some good food," he sniffs the blood-stained prey. "It's been a long time.."

"Kasai!" He hears half 'n' half say, "are you eating that raw? What the hell? Get that out of your mouth, right now!"

He looks up, and passive-aggressively swipes his tongue over his lips and continues to eat, throwing occasional glances at the wizard on the way.

Shouto finally ends up burning the food up with his power.

And it didn't help that the wizard also freezes his feet to the ground.

"You bastard!" He cries out in anger ; damn IcyHot is laughing, for god's sake!

"I like your laugh," Katsuki unconsciously says, and as soon as he realizes what he just said, the tips of his ears turn a bright red.

He's really lucky that Shouto doesn't know what he's saying.

And then they're back to hunting --- except that half 'n' half hasn't unfrozen his feet yet, which means he's immobile until Shouto decides he's not.

He swears he can see the bastard smirk.