but

He can only watch as his companion rolls down the muddy slope, his green fur being tinted with brown splotches. "Midoriya!" He cries, his eyes widening, "transform back! Please!"

The shapeshifter shakes his head, his paws desperately clawing on rocks and tree stumps. "I can't, I'm out of energy!"

Todoroki watches as Midoriya lands with a splash in the running river.
His legs move, and he's off.

You can't leave! You're my only key to finding Katsuki!

~

Both Shouto and Izuku hack up water, the latter's fur (for he is still in his squirrel form) drenched and matted. "You alright?" Todoroki questions.

The green haired boy nods. "Yeah. Let's keep on going! You seem desperate to get to Kacchan anyway." At this, the shorter one waggles his eyebrows.

The wizard blushes. "W-What?! N-No, t-t-that's not true! I was just, um, worried about you, that's all." He clears his throat and averts his eyes.

Izuku eyes him suspiciously, "right...because you totally didn't seek my help to save Kacchan, just to go on an adventure..."

"Whatever," Shouto grumbles, his face turning red, "let's just go already."

Izuku smiles cheekily, knowing he had won the battle, "whatever you say, lovestruck captain." He salutes, and waits for Todoroki's reaction.

Todoroki freezes all 4 of Midoriya's feet to the ground.

~

"Hey, has anyone seen Kacchan?!" Todoroki blushes in embarrassment and cloaks himself in his ice as Izuku goes up to random strangers to ask the same question.
"This...wizard is looking for his true love."

"True love?! What?!" Shouto yells in a moment of panic, forgetting he was supposed to keep his identity a secret.

People see his face, and they start to gasp. "It's Todoroki! Endeavor's son! Oh my god, I've been blessed! Simply blessed!"

"Midoriya," he whispers hurriedly, "we need to go."

"What?" His companion whines. "Come on...they could know where Kacchan is!"

"But they aren't supposed to know who I am."

"They aren't?"

"Oh dear heavens. No! I've already told you that, like, 15 times."

He ends up dragging the green haired shapeshifter and runs after an entire news crew show up, microphones, cameras, and all.

~

Heat swirls around him, quickly contrasted with sharp shards of ice that cut into his skin like daggers. He grits his teeth and narrows his eyes, his hair flying around his face, almost as if sustained by magic.

The cloaked figure sends a spell — oh crap he's a wizard, too — hurling towards Todoroki, and he uses his ice to shoot him up into the sky.

From his standing point on the tip of the iceberg, he sees a stream of electricity shooting out from under covered hands.

Using his fire to propel himself forward — a trick he learned from Katsuki by watching a video of the shapeshifter doing it when Izuku showed him — he crashes into the foreigner, sending both of them spiraling.

"Who are you?" He gasps, heaving mouthfuls of dry air.

"All you need to know is that I am Denki Kaminari, and as a member of the Bakusquad, we can't let you live."

~

"Bakusquad?" The green haired boy questions, his eyebrow quirking up on impulse, "is that some sort of secret spy school or something?"

"I honestly can't say, but they seem to really hate me. They seem to be all wizards, too. Although one of them seems to be a witch instead."

"How do you know?"

"Well," Todoroki begins.

"He's here, everyone," Kaminari announces as he pulls Shouto up to the podium. "Shouto Todoroki, at your service."

"Oh shit, you actually brought him here, Kami." Says a pink-skinned one. Although her features screamed 'wizard,' she was dusting her broomstick...with a broomstick.
Most likely a witch.

"Of course I fucking did."

"So tell me, why am I here?" Shouto questions, slightly annoyed and scared at the same time.

"Glad you asked," a wizard next to the witch grins, "we need to ask you a few questions. Of course, only one of them is truly important."

"Ask away," he replies.

"Alright," a black haired boy reads from a crinkled sheet of paper, "here's the first question, are you in love with Katsuki Bakugou, pro shapeshifter and fellow man?"

He's confused. Katsuki knows these people?
Then the questions settle in.

"What?! No?! Of c-course not!"

"Liar," the only girl in the dark room rolls her eyes, "let him go, he's going to be no use anyway."

"Fine," a red haired boy says, his sharp teeth glinting in the tiny slivers of moonlight.

"...And that's what happened," Shouto finishes.

"Wow," Izuku speaks up for the first time in a few minutes, "that was certainly unexpected. But a band full of wizards that happen to know Kacchan? That's rare."

"And why's that?"

"Kacchan...never really liked wizards."

Todoroki starts to blush ; Midoriya smirks, "you know what this means, right, Todoroki? Kacchan actually likes you."

~

He wakes up to the blaring of sirens, and a burning fire engulfing the forest he was previously sleeping in. "Midoriya!" He calls out, "hello? Where are you?"

A few coughs from behind him, "here! We've got to run, now!"

The smoke fills the air, successfully clogging up his airways, and his eyes water from burnt embers and ashes. "What's g-going on?!" He manages to scream between a few coughs and sneezes.

"There was an explosion at one of the old warehouses down town, and the entire town went up in flames! It quickly spread to where we were!"

"Mi...dori..ya.."

"wha—"

Darkness overtakes his vision and his body goes numb. He can faintly register the sound of his body slumping to the floor, but the world his dark.

However, the forest is still in flames.