give

Shouto knows that his father is the very definition of an asshole.
A bitch.
A...
Fuckwad.

But the thing is, he's the only one who knows. Everyone else sees him as a great wizard, with his fabulous flames --- that he also has.

"Oh~" many housewives and maids swoon without shame, "I would do anything --- anything --- just to meet the wonderful Todoroki family in person!"

"You shouldn't. We can't even be called a family anymore," he mutters under his breath. The fireplace crackles in response, signaling him to go on.

"Because," he whispers, "the only person I've ever cared for is gone."

~

[ earlier ]

"Hmm, Kasai?" He questions through barely open lips, "whatcha wanna eat for dinner? 'M hungry."

Kasai, in return, grunts.

"Alright, that's super helpful," he rolls his eyes, "why did I even bother asking a wolf, anyway?" He wriggles out of the warm haven that is his little pillow fort on the couch, and trudges over to the phone. Dialing Wizard of Culinary to order food, because he can't cook for shit, he closes his eyes, and hums, in contentment.

And that's when everything goes wrong.

"Shouto! Oh, how lovely to see my runaway son! Have you missed your father? I'm sure you've heard about me, correct?"

Perhaps Shouto pays more attention to the fact that his father probably stalks him daily, but he completely disregards the fact, because his father is holding Kasai captive.

"Let him go!" He drops the phone, breaking it on the tile floor, but he can care less. "What are you doing to Kasai?!"

Endeavor's face morphs into an evil smirk. "Kasai? Who is this 'Kasai?'"

"The wolf you're holding! My wolf!"

"I'm afraid you've got it wrong," the younger Todoroki's eyes go wide as his father injects a needle into Kasai, rendering him unconscious. "This 'Kasai' isn't a wolf. In fact it isn't even Kasai."

The older wizard sets the bag (which is currently holding Kasai,) on fire, causing the previously sleeping wolf to yelp and snarl. Endeavor turns to face the cornered animal. "Why," Enji's eyes narrow, "you're a shapeshifter, aren't you?"

And Shouto's world goes white.

~

[ present ]

"...and, that, folks, concludes This Nightly News! Stay tuned to learn more, or visit our handy-dandy website!"

Todoroki blinks, his fists clenching and uncurling despite himself. "Goddamnit!" He curses angrily under his breath.

He burns himself on accident. "Crap!"

He's using his left side again, and that's no good.  And he knows it's because of his father.

Momentarily forgetting about his throbbing hand, he rushes over to his computer and goes on the 'This Nightly News' website.

He clicks on the first link he sees.

This Nightly News !

Hello everyone! It's us, the This Nightly News crew! We're here to keep you updated on everything that's happening in the world of ours!

Shouto hates how peppy they are — the world is not good like that, but he reads on.

Even if your TV is broken or damaged, which probably won't happen, you can stay ready by going on here!

Todoroki drones out the rest, flitting in and out of reality. When he gets to the interesting part, though, he's back again.

Click below to learn more about hot and trendy topics! Ooh la la!

Gravity Witch announces her THREE-WAY MARRIAGE!
Magic slowly becoming less and less common? Where?

These... are not the topics he wants to look at. Sighing, and at about ready to give up, he moves his mouse to the [x] button, ready to sleep.
Until he comes across a link that finally relates to what he's looking for.

Endeavor's got his shapeshifter? Where is he now? Where is his son?

His mouse moves almost as if the link was a Shouto-Attracting magnet, and after a few minutes of reading, he's gone.

Endeavor's got a shapeshifter? Where is he now? Where is his son?

The famous Enji Todoroki, commonly known as Endeavor, has finally found the shapeshifter he was looking for! Turns out, the shapeshifter was living with his son!
Endeavor is currently traveling abroad — to a country called Tsuybaska, where magic is slowly depleting. We would probably imagine that he's bringing the shapeshifter along with him. His son is nowhere to be seen ; but many instances of the younger Todoroki's heroic acts have been popping around the country!

Click here to listen to Endeavor's speech!
Click here to learn more about shapeshifters!

~

"H-Hey," Todoroki pants, his hands resting on his knees, "can you help me? I need to find my father."

The green haired boy in front of him smiles. "You're looking for Kacchan, aren't you?"

"Is this...Kacchan...a blonde shapeshifter?"

"Yes," the latter says, "he's my childhood friend! Also, nice to meet you, I'm Izuku Midoriya, fellow shapeshifter at your service!"

"It'll be a pleasure to work with you, Midoriya."

~

"Can you shapeshift into a squirrel or something? I don't want you to be taken, too."

"Alright." A cloud emits from his companion, and he coughs slightly.

"Hey, Todoroki," Midoriya says, "don't you worry about Kacchan."

"How did you know—"

"You have that worried look that Uraraka always wears. Don't worry, Kacchan is super strong. He could fight his way out of there. He'll probably even fight us."

"You're right, he probably would."

"See?" The emerald eyed boy grins, "already believing it!"

"Yes, but, umm, my father's a wizard! That's not exactly safe, a pro-wizard against a shapeshifter! Kasai will get crushed!"

"Katsuki."

"What?"

"Kacchan's real name. It's Katsuki Bakugou."

"O-Oh."

"And," Izuku says, his eyes glinting with something unknown, "who's to say there's no such thing as a pro-shapeshifter too?"