v. The Party from Hell

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

Five The Party from Hell

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

          "Pass...pass...definitely pass," Lydia murmured as she fanned through her closet.

           I was perched on the end of her bed, watching as the strawberry blonde looked at her entire wardrobe with distaste. This was something about Lydia I could never comprehend. She pretty much had everything she wanted, and it was all handed to her on a silver platter. And yet, she was never satisfied.

            It wasn't that I was jealous of her; no, I pretty much was in the same boat as her. I was able to get what I wanted. Why? Because my dad thought buying me things compensated for never being there. Which it really didn't. A pair of shoes couldn't suddenly spring to life and be a father figure to me.

          Unlike Lydia however, I didn't really need much. I didn't want the clothes or the shoes. But since I was a teenage girl, and the majority of us were hardwired to want things, I still took them.

          "Maybe this...no, never mind. Too dark for your skin tone," she stated, glancing at me.

           I smiled, rolling my eyes at my female companion. "Maybe I could just go in this," I said, gesturing to the dress and cardigan I wore to school.

           From the look she gave me, I'm surprised she didn't attempt to cut my head off. Though I'm pretty sure she wanted to.

          "Carson!" she all but screeched. "You cannot go to the first party of the year in... that!"

          "At school you said I look adorable," I said, putting air-quotes around adorable.

           She rolled her eyes. "That was like, six hours ago. New time frame, new outfit. I will not let you attend my party dressed in something everyone has already seen you in."

          I raised an eyebrow. "I thought the party was at Jackson's house?"

          "He's my boyfriend, so it automatically becomes my party as well," she said, like it was obvious.

          "Pretty sure that'd only make sense if you were married or something," I responded with a laugh.

          "Whatever," she said, tossing her hair over her shoulder. She turned back to her closet and began rummaging through it once more. "So, who's the lucky guy taking my best friend to the party?"

          "Oh, I don't have a date," I said, picking up one of Lydia's many fashion magazines.

          She kept fanning through clothes. "Do you need Jackson and I to give you a ride?"