xviii. MOLOTOV COCKTAILS

CHAPTER EIGHTEENMOLOTOV COCKTAILS

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
MOLOTOV COCKTAILS

▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴

  We were finally able to stop running, just heavily breathing while walking. Stiles was flashing the light around as we walked through some steam jetting out of a pipe. We had outrun the Alpha somehow, something I was extremely grateful for. If Stiles hadn't distracted it with his car keys, I have no idea what would have happened.

  All of a sudden Scott stopped. I slammed into his back with a grunt.

  "What the hell? We need to get out—"

  Scott covered my mouth with his hand. "Shh, do you hear that?"

  "Hear what?" Stiles said.                                                       

  I yanked Scott's hand off. "We're not all werewolves with supersonic hearing you know."

  "It sounds like a phone ringing," Scott replied.

  Stiles and I raised our eyebrows. "What?" we spat, panic rising.

  "I know that ring," Scott said nervously. "It's Allison's phone."

  "What the hell is she doing here?" I whisper shouted. Look, I loved Allison as much as the next. But her being here probably wasn't the best thing ever. Partially because it was after hours, but mainly because there is a bloodthirsty werewolf hounding us.

  "I don't know!" he replied. "One of you needs to lend me your phone."

  "I left mine at home," I stated, wrapping my arms around my torso.

  Stiles dug through his jacket pocket and produced his phone. Scott snatched without a word. He scrolled through Stiles contacts, easily finding Allison's number; she was one of the first people in there.

  A few rings later, little Miss Snow White answered.

  "Stiles?" Allison asked, clearly confused.

  "No, it's me. Where are you?" Scott asked her.

  "I'm at the school looking for you," she responded. "Why weren't you at my place?"

  Scott groaned. "Where are you right now?"

  "The first floor."

  That answer didn't satisfy Scott. "Where? Where are you exactly?"

  "The swimming pools?" she tried again.

  "Get to the lobby," he ordered. "Go now!"

  Allison agreed and the three of us began booking it to meet her. The look of pure panic was written clear across my best friends face. I looked briefly at Stiles and he was freaking out just as much as Scott was. Just as much as I was.