xi. WHAT THE HEART WANTS

CHAPTER ELEVENWHAT THE HEART WANTS

CHAPTER ELEVEN
WHAT THE HEART WANTS

▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴

  "So remind me, why are we doing this?" I asked, putting my head between Stiles and Scott's seats.

  "Derek said that if I want to remember, I have to go back," Scott replied. "Let my senses remember for me."

  "And we're listening to Derek because...?" Stiles asked, just as confused as to why we we're listening to the older werewolf.

  "He's the only other werewolf we know of," Scott sighed. "I have to start somewhere."

  Stiles and I could only nod, knowing that he was right. Even if I didn't want to admit it, Derek was our only hope when it came to Scott's werewolf life now.

  We arrived near the school, Stiles parking amongst the trees. The building was dark, absolutely empty. Save for probably a janitor or something like that. A giant chain link fence surrounded the building. As if people would actually want to break into the school.

  Well, we were, but we had good reason to do so.

  Stiles yanked the key from the ignition, the sound of the engine cutting off completely. Scott and Stiles got out quickly. Pushing the driver's seat forward, I clambered very ungracefully out of the jeep.

  "Wait no just me," Scott insisted as we headed towards the fence. "Someone needs to keep watch!"

  "How come I'm always the guy keeping watch?" Stiles asked, placing one hand on the fence. Sticking his foot in one of the links, he prepared to boost himself up.

  With a stern hand, Scott yanked him back down. "Because there are only three of us!"

  "Make Carson keep watch!" Stiles said, glancing over me.

  I let out a laugh. "You are so not leaving me in the car by myself."

  Stiles let out a sigh, running a hand over his mouth. He turned to Scott. "Okay, why is it starting to feel like you're Batman and I'm Robin? I don't want to be Robin all the time!"

  I rolled my eyes; only Stiles would be able to compare this situation to a comic book characters. It only made sense that Scott was the one to go; he needed to be the one to remember and needed to go all wolfy to do so. Last time we were around wolf Scott, he tried to eat us. And there was no way in hell I was staying in the jeep alone.

  "Nobody's Batman and Robin any of the time," Scott let out, looking utterly confused with the analogy.

  Stiles's face fell. "Not even some of the time?"

  "Just stay here," Scott told him.

  "Oh my God!" Stiles groaned, before stalking off to the jeep.