xv. WOLF'S OUT OF THE BAG

CHAPTER FITEENWOLF'S OUT OF THE BAG

CHAPTER FITEEN
WOLF'S OUT OF THE BAG

▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴

"Is it possible to feel your heart collapse in on itself?" I wondered out loud.

From across the room, Allison looked up from her computer. "If it was, I think way too many girls would be in severe pain. Especially One Direction fans."

I let out a tiny chuckle, rolling over on her bed. I had ventured over to Allison's house a few hours ago. I had come over bearing homework help, but that had long been forgotten. It was pretty much a ruse. I wanted her parents to like me. You know, and hopefully not somehow find out I was best friends with a werewolf. Surprisingly, Allison's dad (the one who shot Scott with a crossbow) was actually less intimidating then her mother. But maybe it had something to do with the fact her mother answered the door holding a kitchen knife. Baking my ass.

My amusement with the Directioner joke was only short lived. I let out a small groan. "Why does he like her?"

"I'm telling you," Allison said for the millionth time I'd been here. "He likes you, not Lydia!"

I sat up, raising an eyebrow at her. "Yeah, definitely. Because if he actually liked me, he wouldn't be worrying about her."

"A giant animal crashed through a window in front of her," she reminded me while looking at her screen.

"I tripped over a dead body. All I got was a hug," I muttered darkly.

She sighed, clicking out of whatever she was looking at. "But you're doing pretty damn well. She's pretty much on the crazy train with about like seven bottles of meds."

I shrugged. "Whatever. Still doesn't take away from the fact that he doesn't like me."

"Oh my God," she groaned. "Carson. Listen to me. Stiles? He's in love with you. Emphasis on love. You may not be able to see it, but everyone else can! He thinks you're some kind of princess or something. He doesn't like Lydia."

"Then how come he's never asked me out?" I countered.

She smiled sadly at me. "If it makes you feel any better, my dad pretty much told me I can't see Scott for a while."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, but at least you can have a conversation with him without your heart splitting in two."

She got up and sat on the bed beside me. She drew her knees into her chest. "You really like him, don't you?"

I sat in silence, just thinking about how to properly respond to her question. I think the truth was, I really did like Stiles. The feelings had seemingly come out of nowhere and had hit me like a truck speeding down a freeway. It was weird to think that I liked Stiles; that I wanted to date him. I wasn't really sure how to go about this. It had always been easier before. I had never freaked out about crushes and I definitely didn't get upset if they didn't like me back.