xxv. TWENTY-FOUR HOUR MACY'S

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVETWENTY-FOUR HOUR MACY'S

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-FOUR HOUR MACY'S

▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴   

"Call it again," Scott panicked as he dug through piles of books and movies.

  Stiles and were currently sat in his room, as Scott frantically searched for his phone. I was lying on the bed, continually tossing a lacrosse ball back in the air, hoping it didn't hit me in the face. Stiles was sitting in a chair he had backwards. According to him, it made him look cool. I personally just thought he looked adorable.

  "It's not here," Stiles said as Scott practically climbed over me on the bed to get to the other side. "So you lost your phone. Just get a new one."

  "I can't afford a new one," Scott scoffed from below me as he stuck half his body under the bed. "And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek."

  "Well, A, you're not alone," Stiles said. "You have me."

  "Ehem," I coughed from the bed.

  "And Carson," Stiles added. "And B, didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead to me."

  "You said that the night at the school," I pointed out. "He was still being a dick long after that."

  Stiles rolled his eyes at me.

  "The hunters are just using him to get to the Alpha," Scott told us. "They're not going to kill him."

  "Alright, so just let them to do what they're planning," Stiles told him as clothes began flying out from his closet. A pair of jeans landed on me and I was praying to God they were clean. "They use Derek to get Peter, problem solved."

  "Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek!" Scott yelled. "I can't protect her on my own, meaning we need to find Derek first. Just help me."

  Stiles raised an eyebrow as a ball bounced off his head. "You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You know, when he was trying to kill you after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?"

  "He wasn't going to kill anyone," Scott said sternly. "And I'm not letting him die."

  "Ugh, could you at least think about letting him die? For me?" Stiles asked.

  I rolled my eyes and whipped the lacrosse ball at him.

  "Ow!" he yelled. "See? More violent behavior! And from my own girlfriend."

  I rolled my eyes again. "Oh well."

  Scott wasn't paying attention anymore, seeming to be somewhere else.

  "What is it?" I asked.

  "My mom just got home from work," he said. He was silent, a pained expression falling on his face. It was like someone had died.