Chapter 8: Complicated

Being friends with Naill has complicated my life in so many ways...both good and bad. Here I am, leaving confused as usual. As I said goodbye, he leaned in to kiss me. I barely knew Niall, yet the thought crossed my mind of whether I should let him kiss me or not. I know it's crazy, but I have feelings for him already, and it seems as though he has some for me too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School was uneventful. I had a test in physics...that was the only class where I actually did something. It's a good thing we don't do much, because my mind was occupied by Niall. He filled my every thought and I couldn't stop replaying the previous night in my mind.

He's picking me up in just a few minutes. Am I ready to face him again? Will it be awkward? My head was swarming with every possibility of what could happen.

"Brooke!" Sarah came running over to my locker, hugging me from behind.

"Hey girl! I've missed you; stop working so hard...or being a coward," I told her, breaking out into laughs.

She punched my arm. "Screw you Brooke," she shouted. She brought her voice down to a whisper. "I don't know if I can be around Harry...he has some kind of effect on me. I act like a little girl around him and I hate it," she says, avoiding my gaze.

"Come on, Sarah. Take a chance," I reply, shutting my locker. "Well I have to go. See you later; and think about what I said," I say as I start walking down the hall.

"Where are you going?" She called.

I didn't answer her; instead, I turned around and winked as I continued walking.

I saw the car I've grown fond of parked in the back of the parking lot. As I approached the passenger side, I could see Niall wearing a fake mustache, aviators, and his hood pulled over his head. I laughed at his appearance as I climbed into the car and he frowned at my reaction.

"Hello to you too," he scoffs. "You know, I was almost recognized. A group of girls came walking out of the school and looked at me weird. I locked the doors as they approached the car and I sunk down into the seat, trying to hide."

I roared with laughter. He cracked a smile; Niall was awful at trying to stay mad at me.

"I'm sorry, but that's hilarious," I giggle. He turns and grins at me, and before I could stop myself, I leaned across and kissed his cheek. He blushed and looked down, smiling. Since when was I so bold?

"So, what do you wanna do?" He asked, playing with his keys. "We have to rehearse today for the concert later this week, but we can do something earlier," he offered as he took off his ridiculous disguise.

I shook my head. "No, I'd love to watch you guys practice. Plus I don't wanna interfere with the band's schedule."

"You aren't interfering at all," he responds, turning the keys to start the car. "But if that's what you want to do, we'll do it." He smiled as he pulled out of the school's parking lot and drove to the stadium.

As he pulls up to the stadium entrance, the car is immediately surrounded by paparazzi. I frown at the sight and Niall notices. He reaches across, puts his hand over mine and squeezes. "I'm sorry," he says, handing me a pair of sunglasses. "Wear these, and put this on." He hands me one of his gray sweatshirts. I try to hide my smile but fail miserably as I slip his sweatshirt over my head. His scent surrounds me; I wish I could wear his clothes all the time.

I was pulled from my daydreaming as he opened the door, letting go of my hand. "Don't open the door yet," he ordered. I nodded.

He walked around the car and opened the door for me. He slipped his hand into mine and pulled me through the sea of flashing lights. The paparazzi screamed questions at me: