Chapter 11: Finally

"Well..." I start. "There's a few things I need to tell you before I tell you whether I'm coming or not."

His face showed concern. "Like...what?"

I sigh. "Well first off, I cannot afford to pay for a hotel, let alone a plane-"

"I would pay for all of that," he interrupts. "You know that."

"Niall, I don't want you paying for me," I argue.

He shakes his head. "I don't mind, Brooke. If you come with me, I'm taking care of you."

My heart fluttered as he said those words, but I tried to hide it from him. "I know..thank you." I flash him a smile and he eases a bit.

"Okay, so now the second thing I have to tell you...you know how my dad is never home?" He nods. "Well, he came home early. He tried telling me that you and the boys are just using me. I got so angry and we got into a huge argument. So, he threatened to kick me out of the house-"

"What?" He gasps. "Brooke!" He squeezes my hand.

I put my finger in the air. "Wait...please let me finish."

He closes his mouth reluctantly and nods, telling me to continue.

"I want you to know that these things have no influence on my decision."

"I know," he says. "I'm really sorry about your dad." He looks down and turns my palm over, tracing the lines of my hand.

"It's okay, really. He's just being an asshole."

He chuckles. "He just cares about you a lot. I understand his concern," he says. There's a few moments of silence before he speaks again. "I'm sorry, I'm getting really impatient. So..what's your decision?"

I take another deep breath and look up to meet his gaze.

"I'm coming with you."

He jumps out of his chair and picks me up, spinning me around.

"I never thought you'd come with me!" He cheers as he puts me back down on the ground. "I don't know what I would have done if you said you were staying," he admits as he intertwines his hand in mine.

"Honestly, I don't know what I'd do if I stayed," I tell him.

He lifts up my hand and plants a kiss on my knuckle. "I don't wanna ruin this moment, but I kinda have to. There's some things I need to warn you about," he says reluctantly.

I look up at him, puzzled. "Like what?"

"Well, the paparazzi is gonna be crazy. They're gonna follow us to every concert, and since you'll be with me the whole time, they're gonna try to get to you. Please just ignore them as best as possible. And you might end up on magazine covers. If this scares you away, I completely understand," he tells me, scratching the back of his neck with his free hand.

I shake my head and squeeze his hand. "Niall, I understand what comes with this decision. This doesn't scare me away at all. I want to come with you, no matter what."

His eyes sparkle at my response and he licks his lips. I haven't seen him do that before.

Before I can question what that means, he pushes me against the wall and puts his arms on either side of me, leaning down so his face is inches from mine. My breathing quickens...of course he notices. He smiles.

"You know I've been wanting to do this since the other night," he whispers, his breath tickling my face.

"Do...what?" I question, barely audible.