Abigail

Abigail knew she was late. Knew her cousins would have gone home, it wasn't like this was the first time something like this had happened. It was safer for everyone if her cousins weren't with her when she dealt with unwanted admirers.

  Why they kept asking her out was a mystery. It might be because her family owned a dojo, that she had been studying material arts since she learnt how to walk.

  Still they flinched when she broke something. Not just her, her cousins as well. Be it brick or pencil.

  She was used to people flinching. That even when Mr Calvin asked her to show off her strength, she expected the room to flinch when she broke the pile of bricks. Expect someone didn't flinch last time.

  Josephine Ryans. At least that was what Ja'far had told her when she had asked, new to the school and state. So would she be able to keep an eye on her?

  Of course she could. Her aunt always told her to go for a pridemate, male or female, that didn't flinch. Who could still look her in the eye later without fear. They were the ones who were less likely to scream when they met the rest of your pride.

  It would seem that Mr Calvin and Mr K was sneakier then she thought they were. They had placed her newest interests in most of her classes, which gave her the perfect chance to study the girl and see if she was truly as strong willed as she seemed. At least she was able to warn her about the footballers experiments and what they did with those that didn't work.

  A loud crush brought her out of her thoughts and daze. Running towards the source of the noise, she dropped her bagpack next to a black bag. Bright blue hair was backing away from an older gentleman.

  While the crush came from the shed's roof. Josephine was lying in a giant dent, her eyes closed. An older woman staring at her with a deadly look in her brown eyes.

  No one in the MacLea clan would stand around during a would-be kidnapping. More so when they were pride material or meant something to their friends. Ja'far and Mr Calvin would disappointed in her if she let Josephine get hurt without trying to protect her.

  She didn't know why, but she had a feeling that Josephine was someone important to Ja'far. Sneaking up on the older male, she watched as Josephine moved her as the woman tried to punch it.

  Landing the back of her heel on his shoulder bone, the loud snap brought both Josephine and her would-be killer's attention to her.

  It wasn't her fault that he thought no one would help, which caused him not to be aware of his surroundings. Abigail would just have to teach them a lesson; after all they were at a school.

  As Mr Calvin and Uncle Ajay would say; it would be a shame if they didn't learn anything. Smiling, she watched as Josephine pushed herself up and slam her weight into the woman's back.

  Almost falling off the roof herself, but a golden light caught her in time and pulled her to safety.

  Josephine looked tired, she could see the vines under her eyes; a mess of blue and violet. Abigail nodded as she jump onto the woman's torso, her foot being caught before she could make connect with her target. Throwing her weight up and back, she tried again. Only to miss as she rolled away, Abigail eye's widened slightly as the ground broke under her feet.

  It wasn't like fighting her cousins, not even close. Red Lions couldn't use Rukh, since most of theirs were kept in their muscle, making their strength, speed and stamina inhumanely high. She on the other hand was using Rukh to keep up with her, and Abigail could tell that it wasn't permanent.

  "Jump Miya," someone shouted, Abigail didn't know who Miya was, but she kicked the woman's arm. The loud crack brought his eyes back down from the ground, his clothes slightly burnt as she jumped towards the sky. Soft fabric touching the bottom of her feet, it looked like she had broken her fifth pair of sneakers for the year.

  Cursing was left behind them, Abigail pulled Josephine onto her lap. Her head resting on her shoulders, as tired golden eyes focused on the blue haired male across from her.

  "What happened to her?" she asked as her attention was brought to the short sword she had in one hand, and the multi-tool she held in the other.

  "Asha played a mean trick on Ahalya. But she missed her Queen and was worried after Ibolya and Peterke broke into the Scared Castle," he told her. Hands resting on his lap as his plate undid, it didn't seem like he was going to fix it. "I'm Alaeddin."

  It didn't sound like he was speaking English, Gaelic or Spanish, Abigail didn't know how she could understand anything he said.

  "Sorry," Josephine told him, her smile small and weary. Her skin becoming paler, to the point that Abigail feared it would be as delicate as thin pastry. "Name's not Ahalya. I'm Josephine."

  "Do you know why we can understand him?" Abigail asked, when Josephine shock her head. She sighed. "I'm Abigail, it's nice to met you."

  "I'm sorry," Aladdin told her, arms going underneath his knees, pulling them closer to his body. "Miya and Ahalya promised they would wait for me."

  "It's okay," Josephine told him, putting her hand onto his knee.

  "I almost got you killed."

  "No you didn't. We can talk more tomorrow, it's the weekend."

  "You promised to wait for me. No matter how many years it took, I've been asleep for awhile," Aladdin told them. "It took longer then we thought it would to right the Rukh."