Abigail

It was the scent of tears was what woke her up. Along with the scent of Josephine's no nonsense shampoo and body wash. Which she was grateful for, since most of their classmates preferred more perfumed scents that hurt not only her nose, but her entire families with the amount that they wore.

  Keeping her eyes closed, she counted the number of scents that were in Josephine's room. Besides from her own there were only five other scents, one that was faint enough to make her believe that they hadn't gone into this room for at least two weeks. One was her Uncle Ajay's, it made sense that he could track her.

  Even in the air, her scent would be as clear as bells. Along with the fact that she hadn't been home since before school, so that meant her family would look for her. The fact that she was still there, meant that Uncle Ajay liked Aladdin and Josephine.

  Or that he didn't see them as a threat to her safety. Not that many could take on her family in a hand-to-hand combat. Guns were a different story, but then again, even Mages had trouble with guns.

  Opening her eyes, she spotted dark blue hair tightly braided, mixed in with a colourful array of pillows and blankets. Last night she hadn't noticed the seer amount of blankets that Josephine had on her bed, nor did she remember getting underneath them all or getting Josephine underneath them. Through she guessed that it had something to do with her warm skin.

  Pushing herself up, she walked to the spot where her uncle's scent was strongest. Uncle Ajay had left her a bag underneath the now closed window. She didn't remember closing it, Aladdin wouldn't have thought of closing, while Josephine was gone from the world even before they made it to her bedroom.

  Pulling out her favourite Buffy shirt, plain blue jeans and spare sneakers. She smiled, Uncle Ajay must have closed the window when he left, which again, could mean many things. She loved her family, but her cousins made her want to throw them out a window sometimes.

  Turning around, she was surprised when she spotted Josephine standing in nothing but a towel. The top draw of her tall boy was open, and she had material in her hand.

  "Sorry," Josephine told her, her check reddening as her grip tightened on her towel. Abigail didn't know what she was sorry about, she was the one who was getting free eye candy. "I forgot to bring clothes with me before going into the shower."

  "It's fine," she told her looking at Aladdin as he continued to sleep, it was most likely for the best. If that was how Josephine reacted to Abigail seeing with nothing but a towel, she didn't want to see how she'd react if Aladdin saw her in a similar state of dress. Even her family wasn't that cruel.

  "I'll be out in a bit," Josephine told her, collecting a folding pile of clothes into her arms. Before escaping into the bathroom, while she was said to see her eye candy go, she wasn't going to push Josephine into anything she wasn't comfortable with.

  "Morning," Aladdin said as he yawned. "Abigail, why is your face red?"

  "Josephine," Abigail told him. It was better if she warned him not to go into the bathroom, she wasn't going to allow him to peep on her. Even if she caught sight of pale skin herself. "Don't go into the bathroom. She's change."

  "You still don't waste words."

  "No point."

  "Thank you Abigail," Josephine told her as she walked back into the room. At least she didn't take forever to get changed, which was a plus in Abigail's eyes. "If you want, I won't tell anyone you were here."

  "Why? We're friends, aren't we?" Aladdin asked.

  "Well, I think we are. It's just Abigail's family is respected at school," Josephine told him, smiling gently as she smoothed her long black gypsy styled skirt. Black leggings peeking out from the hem. "With teenager, and adults, reputation is funny. Easily lost and hard to gain."

  "It is?"

  "Yes. A girl can from being popular and then the next day she's the school's slut. The school's bike."

  "School's bike?"

  "Because everyone's ridden her. It's sex joke, I don't really get it either."

  "Don't care," Abigail plainly told her. It would seem that she didn't know that the school was already calling her the 'Golden-eyed Princess' so she doubted hanging out with her was going to 'ruin' her reputation. If she cared about it in the first place, none of her family did.

  They had more important things to worry about. Like the government finding out about their inhuman strength, she didn't feel like being jabbed with needles.

  "A pride never cares," she added as Josephine and Aladdin just stared at her. She was going to have to talk to Aunt Laiba, they might still be trying to kidnap Cole for their clan. Her Aunt was still the go-to person when it came to nervous or shy people.

  She was going to have to wait before trying to catch Josephine into any type of relationship. Along with adopting her into the pride itself, it would seem she would need a family who understood what she was going to through.

  She doubted the people she lived with understood magoi, or if they would even want to. Normal people were good at blocking at things they weren't interested in.

  "Josephine Ryans," a voice called out from behind the door, followed by loud knocks. "Young lady, you and your guests up?"

  "Yes, Miss Tanyu," Josephine answered, tagging on her long sleeved black crop top. "Abigail was going to use the shower before Aladdin."

  "Breakfast will be ready in an hour," Miss Tanyu told them, opening the door and raising an eyebrow at Josephine's clothes before staring at Aladdin's. "Mr MacLea called last night and said Abigail could stay the night. I've been through a few natural disasters, so I know what tired people look like."

  "Thank you. Miss Tanyu."

  "Of course dear."

  Abigail watched as she left the room, joy raising in her chest, so Uncle Ajay did like them. That made her job that much easier, Aunt Laiba and her cousins rarely said no to her uncle. Not that he asked for much, maybe that was the reason.

  "Like I told Miss Tanyu. Abigail gets the shower first, she can leave it running for you. If she doesn't mind?" Josephine asked looking at her, when Abigail nods. She sits on her bed, her hand casually pulling through Aladdin's bangs.

  It would seem her fight from the other day had worn her down, she was sure Uncle Cole would go easy on her. For the sole fact that he didn't know her combat abilities, she doubted that Josephine knew her combat abilities.

"Miss Tanyu makes the best pancakes," Josephine continued, her golden eyes lightening up as she smiled. "She says the recipe's from her family. Japanese, if I remember correctly."