Alaeddin

Alaeddin wasn't surprised that A.... No, Josephine. He had to get her name right in his head, or else he'll upset her. He didn't them to think they had to be someone else, he'd hate it if someone wanted him to be like his father or brother.

  So no, he wasn't surprised Josephine had fallen asleep in Miy... Abigail's lap. It might take him awhile to get used to the new names, but it did help that they looked different.

  Josephine's hair was the wrong colour, it was darker and she looked a lot younger then when he had first met Ahalya. Which was funny, since Abigail looked older then Miya did when he first met her. Then again not being a slave this time round had helped with her height and weight, it helped her look older.

  Alaeddin wished that Calvin had time to tell him about this world. It would seem that he had been dumped into another world without knowing a single thing about it, he was just glad that Ahalya and Miya had been as patient, understanding and kind.

  He doubted that Josephine and Abigail wouldn't be anything less, even if they were younger then he was. According to their Rukh, they were fifteen, a year younger then he was.

  It was strange, he was used to being the youngest in their group and now that title belonged to Josephine. Which was ironic because Ahalya had been the oldest, being seven years his senior.

  "Is she going to be okay?" Abigail asked him pulling him out of his thoughts.

  Alaeddin frowned when he noticed that Josephine's skin was starting to get paler, almost as if the rest of her Djin didn't want to wait in their dungeons for her either.

  "She'll be fine," he promised, he would have to find a way to increase her magoi. It wasn't like he blamed them, Ahalya was his Queen for a reason.

  No matter how many people mocked her for it, she made people believe in themselves. Like they could be better then what they were handed in life, that was just how Dunkha was.

  So no, he didn't blame them. He just wished they wouldn't use Asha's dirty trick to do so, since it had almost killed the first time around.

  Pachu would have been better suited to the last place that Josephine lived in, according to Asha. Asha had been the first Djin Ahalya had gotten and befriended; the only one that Alaeddin had seen her get.

  Venilia and Lapidoth were her other two djin. Her last two, she had gotten Lapidoth a month before he had found her. But he didn't know to tell Abigail that, he didn't know how much they knew about their old lives.

  "I'll help her," Alaeddin promised before Abigail could say anything. Sighing, he closed his eyes and allowed the wind to blow through his hair. "The others are going to want to her side; soon. I'll make sure what happened with Asha, doesn't repeat."

  "Good," Abigail told him, her arms tightening slightly around Josephine's form. Gentle in a way not many knew that Miya could be, not many risked being hugged by a Red Lion. Ahalya was one of the few who did so, not just with Miya, but with Morio as well.

  "We should get some sleep," Alaeddin told her. Food was important as well, but he had make sure Josephine didn't get any paler . "I know some healing spells. They'll make sure she doesn't get sick."

  Abigail looked at him with narrowed eyes as they flew into the open window. He knew this behaviour, had seen it in Miya more then once. If he made one wrong move, he would find his arm removed from his body.

  Josephine's room. As plain as it was, they were floating above her bed, a mess of blankets and pillows. Show her his hands, he slowly placing them on Josephine's shoulders. Glowing a soft gold colour as he replaced her magoi.

  "She's good now," he told her, Josephine's colour slowly returning to her skin. "Still needs to recover from her fever, but it should have cooled down a bit."

  "Goodnight," Josephine muttered as Abigail placed her on her bed, tucking her in under who knew how many blankets. A peaceful expression on her face, one that he hadn't seen on Ahalya's for who knew how long. The war had worn her down.

  "Night," Abigail whispered her hand going her hair as she softly hummed, sitting on her right. Folding his flying carpet, he placed it on the small table next to her bed. "You're not going to hurt her."

  "No, I'm not," Alaeddin replied, he hadn't slept since he was taken away from his brother. He could feel his eyes closing, yawning as he fall to the side. "Goodnight."