12

[Chapter twelve]

"This is what you call a compromise?"

"Yup."

"I still have no idea how you got me to push you around in the trolley." Noah grumbles as I knock a bag off flour off the shelf and into the trolley.

"Neither do I." I admit. "But it all works out. You push me around in the trolley, and I knock whatever the hell we need off the shelves and into the trolley."

"Mhmm." He hums sarcastically as I push a box of Fruit Loops into the trolley. "That wasn't even on the list."

"Too bad." I say instantly, pushing a bag of chips into the trolley.

"That wasn't on the list either."

"Does it look like I care?" I question, pointing to my face.

"I wouldn't know. Most of your face is covered by that hood." He states, making me mentally face palm myself.

"Shut up."

"And the 'Comeback of the Century' award goes to, the idiot in the trolley." He rolls his eyes for the umpteenth time this morning.

"And the 'Dickhead of the Century' award goes to the dickhead behind the trolley." I mock him, pushing a can of cooking spray into the trolley.

"That actually was on the list."

*~*

"HOLY SHIT, NOAH! WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU LET THE TROLLEY GO?! COME BACK! OH MY FUCKING LIFE, FIZZY DRINKS UP AHEAD--"

BANG

FIZZ

POP

"...am I dead?"

I'm suddenly grabbed by the back of my hoodie and pulled up from the ground and out of the mess of the opened bottles of fizzy which had exploded when the trolley and I crashed into them.

My hands instantly go to my hood and I sigh in relief to find that it hadn't fallen off through all of that.

I turn my head and look the the employee who's holding me, his face completely red and the vein in his neck throbbing.

"Wassup, dude?" I smile sheepishly.

*~*

"Ow, hey! Hasn't your momma ever taught you it's rude to kick a lady out of a supermarket?!" I yell as I land on the concrete outside of the supermarket. "Literally!"

I stand up, pulling the sticky clothes away from my skin.

I hate Noah.

I really hate Noah.

As if on cue, Noah, Max and Dylan walk out of the store with everything from the list in plastic bags.

"Hey, Nev--holy shit, what happened to you?" Max cuts himself off, staring at me wide eyed.

"Why don't you ask your best mate?" I narrow my eyes at Noah. "Who I'm goING TO KILL!"

Max grabs me as I lung towards Noah and holds me back as Dylan turns to Noah with a 'dude, what the fuck?' face.

Max puts me down, turning me towards him, putting his hands on my shoulders. "You can do anything, just don't kill him, please."

I roll my eyes before turning to Noah, who Dylan is lecturing.

"Hey, Noah?" I start sweetly, making him turn towards me with his eyebrows raised.

"What, Carter?"

"Gimme a hug." I run towards him and jump on him as he tries to get away.

"Get your arse off me!" He struggles to pull me off him.

"Not happening!"

"Wow, goals." I hear Dylan mumble sarcastically and Max laugh.