Alternate Ending

[ALTERNATE ENDING]

-Third Person-

"Daddy, who's this?"

Noah turns around to look at his beautiful nine year old twin girls.

Noah and Nevaeh had gotten married when they were 22, after they graduated college. They were 23 years old when they had the twins. Their names are Windora and Octavia. They look like both Noah and Nevaeh. They inherited Nevaeh's brown hair and dimples, and Noah's wavy hair and gorgeous smile. They look exactly the same. The only difference is, Windora has Nevaeh's bright blue eyes, and Octavia has Noah's greenish-blue eyes.

They both point to a framed picture of a seventeen year old girl wearing a hoodie, with the hood covering most of her face.

They don't see Nevaeh sitting on the arm of the couch. "That's me!"

Noah smiles sadly.

Nevaeh passed away from cancer when the girls were only seven years old.

"That's your mummy." He says softly, sitting down on the couch as his daughters climb into his lap.

"Why was mummy wearing a hood over her face." Windora questions, her accent an unusual mix of Kiwi/Māori and British, like her sister.

"Because I had issues." Nevaeh shrugs, smiling softly at her husband and children.

"Well, mummy didn't like showing her face back then."

"She didn't?" Octavia asks and she and her sister both look up at their father with those big doe eyes they got from their mother.

Noah shakes his head.

"The first time I saw her face was when I accidentally pulled her hood off." He chuckles at the memory. "She punched me in the face."

"Good times." Nevaeh chuckles. "Good times."

"Dad, you're making those goo-goo eyes again." Windora points out bluntly.

"Yeah, stop making goo-goo eyes, Pebble." Nevaeh retorts, crossing her legs and still balancing on the arm of the couch.

Octavia punches her sister in the arm. "Shut up, Winnie. It's cute."

Winnie rolls her eyes. "Well, now we know who the hopeless romantic is."

Nevaeh bursts out laughing. "Oh, Winnie is definitely like her momma."

Noah chuckles.

Winnie definitely has Nevaeh's personality.

And Octavia, well, she's spent too much time around Megan.

"Well, I'm sorry, I can't help but make goo-goo eyes when I talk about your mother." He drawls sarcastically.

"Of course you can't." Nevaeh smiles cheekily. "You love me."

"You really loved her, huh, daddy?" Winnie questions softly.

"I still do." Noah smiles sadly. "I fell in love with her before I saw her face."

"But how, daddy?" Octavia questions. "Don't you need to know what someone looks like to fall in love with them?"

"Nope." Nevaeh states simply. "That shit only happens in Disney movies."

He chuckles. "Believe it or not, you don't. When you fall in love with someone, you fall in love with them for their personality, not their looks."

"Exactly." Nevaeh agrees.

"Really?" Winnie pipes up. "Because in most Disney movies, they fall in love at first sight. Which means that they fall in love with each other's looks because they haven't even gotten to know each other yet, let alone said one word."

Nevaeh raises an eyebrow at her daughter. "You sure you're nine?"

Noah raises an eyebrow at his daughter. "You sure you're nine?"

Winnie shrugs. "Last time I checked, yeah."

Noah chuckles. "Your mother loved Disney movies."

Nevaeh grins. "You're damn right I did."

"She did?" Octavia questions excitedly.

Nevaeh nods. "I did, baby."

"Yeah. Especially Tangled." He nods, a small smile on his face.. "She loved how they always got happy endings."

Unlike her.

"Daddy, can you tell us they whole story of how you and mommy met, fell in love, made us?" Octavia gives him the puppy eyes.

"Noah, if you tell them how we made them, I will drag your ass down to hell." Nevaeh threatens jokingly.

"I can tell you how we met and fell in love, but I am not telling you weirdos how we made you."

"Daddy, how about you just tell us about mommy?" Winnie suggests.

Noah smiles. "Alright."

"Yay!" Both girls cheer.

Noah clears his throat.

"Wait!" Winnie hops of Noah's lap and runs to the kitchen. She returns ten minutes later with a plate of Eggos.

"That's my girl." Nevaeh grins proudly.

She climbs back into Noah lap. She and Octavia start eating the Eggos.

Noah smiles at them.

Just like Nevaeh.

"This is the story of The Girl in the Hoodie..."

THE END...FOR REAL THIS TIME

(Also, this alternative ending wasn't supposed to make a huge difference. It's simply just a set up for the spin-off. I feel like having Nevaeh live kinda defeats the whole purpose of her having died in the first place).