35

[Chapter thirty-five]

-Nevaeh-

"So you're still in love with Noah?" Max questions rhetorically as we walk along campus.

I nod, pursing my lips. "Unfortunately."

"I knew it!" He fist bumps the air.

I roll my eyes, chuckling. "And you like Megan."

"Yes! God, yes!" He bursts as he stops walking, grabs my shoulders and shakes me. "Help me!"

I slap his hands off me. "Okay, I have an idea."

He stares at me hopefully. "What is it?!"

I lean closer to him and start whispering. "Stop being a pussy and tell her."

"That is the worst advice ever!" He stares at me blankly. "And that's rich, coming from you."

"Hey, you know I can't tell him!" I exclaim defensively.

He sighs, rubbing his face in exasperation. "I know. I'm sorry. I love you. I didn't mean that."

"I love you, too." I smile. "Ice cream?"

He perks up, grinning widely. "Hell yeah!"

*~*

"One scoop of cookies and cream in a waffle cone for m'lady." Max hands me my ice cream and sits down across from me in the booth. "And one scoop of mint chocolate chip in a chocolate waffle cone for me."

I smile, taking the ice cream from him. "Thanks."

He frowns, licking his ice cream. "I hate you."

I raise an eyebrow. "Why?"

"You bumped me off with your ugly little butt and paid for both our ice creams." He pouts. "I was going to pay!"

"Okay, one, I have a very cute butt, thank you very much," I argue and he coughs in disagreement dramatically. "And two, you got a free ice cream, so stop complaining."

"Huh, you're right, I did get a free ice cream." He mutters before perking up. "Thanks, Vaeh!"

I roll my eyes, chuckling as I lick my ice cream.

"Hey, guys!" The annoying, high-pitches voice of Noah's dumb ass girlfriend squeaks she she bounds up to our booth, clutching Noah's arm.

I almost groan out loud.

"Hey, Hazel." Max gives her a forced smile. "Hey, Noah."

"Hi, Max." Noah greets back.

I ignore her completely, looking at Noah instead. "Hi, Pebble."

Hazel's jaw drops.

He raises an eyebrow, eyes filled with amusement. "Hi, Carter."

Hazel looks between us because of our nicknames for a moment before shrugging it off.

"You wouldn't mind if we joined you, right?" She questions before pushing Noah down next to Max. "Of course you wouldn't, I'm a delight."

"That's what you think." I mutter, but obviously not quiet enough, seeing as Max and Noah both heard me. Max stifled a laugh and Noah kicked me under the table with an amused look, making me kick him back.

Hazel didn't seem to hear me though as she continued talking.

"I'm going to go order our ice cream. Goody Goody Gum Drop in a wafer cone for me, and strawberry ice cream in a waffle cone for my baby. His favourite." She pinches Noah's cheek lightly.