ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ - ᴏɴᴇ

He had been gone for weeks… And Y/N didn’t know how much longer of this that she could possibly take. 

Everything she did, everything she saw reminded her of nothing except him… Except for Dean Winchester. She couldn’t help it, after all, she missed him deeply. She missed his warm embrace and cooking every morning in which he tried to impress her with. She missed his soft lips that always seemed to find her and how her hands would get entangled in his hair. 

He had promised her to be back soon, that nothing would go wrong. That this was just another one of his business trips, however, this one seemed to be taking an extra long time.

She awaited his loud footsteps bursting through the door, and the way that after every trip he would swoop her up into his arms and twirl her around and kiss her head until they became dizzy.

He had warned her that if he didn’t return in a few weeks to open the briefcase at the bottom of their closet… Although he told her this every time she guesses that it simply says where he is and how to find him. Dean never did want her to know, she couldn’t seem to realize why nor care why. 

Y/N trusted Dean with everything, he was everything that she had really ever known in the past long years. After she moved away from her family and they simply stopped caring. since She was officially alone and an adult… Then he came alomg.

The candy apple green-eyed man showed her that there was something worth living for and it was him. 

And now they were happily together… However, of course, things change, I mean this isn’t a fanfiction, of course, they can’t be happy for eternity. 

This turned out to be the longest Dean had ever been gone for, and each day that passed Y/N began to lose more and more hope of his return. Her mind kept going towards the worst maybe he was killed yet she knew that his work would have called or anyone for that matter would have called.

Maybe he simply didn’t love her and chose to flee away- However she had many doubts about that knowing full well that he probably would have taken all of his belongings. 

“Dean you know we have to keep it down,” Y/N scolded through the giggles that couldn’t help yet to escape her lips. Thus his lips peppered soft kisses across her face and down her neck his hands tickling all up and down her torso. 

“I’m just having fun,” He pouted looking her in the eyes through a smirk. “After all you said that you wanted to help relieve my stress and this is,” 

“God please help me… Look that isn’t what I meant-” Before she could continue through his minty lips could be found against her smaller ones. Causing her eyes to widen whilst she sunk into his lips and his touch. 

“I thought that we were just going to watch the movie,” She murmured their foreheads still touching. 

“This is more entertaining,” He grinned, breath fanning her face. “Anyways I can tell that you’re tired,” 

“Pft… No, I’m not-” 

“Y/N,” He challenged backing away from her his gaze still locked with her. “Don’t forget I know everything about you,” 

“Alright, I am… Look I’m sorry I just wanted to spend more time with you because I miss you,” She admitted through defeat trying to glance away although it seemed nothing less of impossible at the moment. 

“You don’t need to miss me I’m right here,” He chuckled trying to blow it off although he knew exactly what she was referring to. 

“No Dean almost every weekend you’re gone… Sometimes for whole weeks you’re gone, you know I could really use you here,” She pointed out her voice becoming low at the end. 

“Look Y/N I’m sorry I’ll work on it I-” 

“That’s what you say to me every time… Come on can’t someone else at your goddamn work go on these trips I mean is it really necessary for you to go to all of them?” She questioned through a sigh and she didn’t even wait for him to reply before storming off to their room where she collapsed into the bed pulling the covers up to her chin. 

“Y/N?” He questioned stopping in the doorway, he never got a reply as he walked over to the side of the bed pulling the covers back and crawling in beside her. “Y/N,” He mumbled again this time lucky enough to get a response, hesitantly she scooted closer to him out of habit and clung onto the elder Winchester as her life depended on it…  

Her arms were securely around him as if she were afraid that he’d leave. Her legs entangled with his, head resting comfortably on his chest. “I just miss you,” She murmured her voice barely loud enough for him to hear. 

“I know,” He reassured running fingers through her hair. “I know,” And that had been how they gradually drifted off into sleep. 

She didn’t want to open the briefcase… However, what other choice did she have? He hadn’t replied ot her texts in weeks and worst of all she didn’t have any fucking clue where to find him or how the hell to find him. 

Dean wasn’t here to comfort her, and reassure her that everything would be alright because he was the one that she was trying to find. Now Y/N was on her own and if things couldn’t get any worse she simply couldn’t bring herself to open up the case. She knew that maybe that she was overreacting maybe he didn’t want her to open it- Maybe there was nothing in it. 

She paced the space in front of the closet, biting her nails and having a mental debate with herself, knowing fully well that this decision could change things between them.  However she didn’t seem to care all she wanted was to have him back.  

“Mowm?” Her son questioned coming into the room through a cry. 

“What’s wrong?” She questioned swooping him up into her arms where he placed his face into her neck shielding him from the world around them. 

“My towy browk,” He cried looking up at his mother through teary eyes. 

“It’s ok I’m sure I can fix it or maybe dad can-” 

“I miss dawd,” Her son pointed out through sobs. “I miss dawd,” And he wouldn’t stop repeating it over and over again before finally Y/N let out a sigh. 

“It’s going to be okay I'm sure he’ll be back soon…” However in the back of her mind she knew that maybe that was nothing less than a lie. After that she carried him back down the stairs and onto the couch where they watched spongebob although the rest of the day she knew that she should open the case. 

Once he was asleep she went back up to her room, and stared at the open closet knowing fully well that it was now or never- And just as her fingers were on the clasp of the case she heard the door open from down the stairs.