ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ - ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

The motel room was silent, Dean sitting in one of the chairs by the table. Y/N being found on the edge of one of the beds Y/S/N in her arms. 

"So what now?" The younger Winchester questioned glancing away from his brother's blood shot eyes. 

"We train Y/N to be a hunter… Its obvious she should-"

"No," Dean spoke up glancing down at his shaking fingers. "No more hunting… No more saving the world,"

"Are you talking about quitting? Quitting the job… Dean you love the job," Sam mumbled glancing at his brother through confusion he knew his brother had tried this many times before, however this time it was different this time his emotion, his everything was different. 

"I love the job so much that it's killing me Sammy," The green-eyed man's pupils glossed over with tears as his voice cracking saying his brother's name. 

If Dean Winchester gave up hunting for good that would mean giving up everything. Everything that he had ever known… Giving up all of his past giving up part of who he was and more importantly giving up the last thing he has of his father.

"What about saving people… What about killing the bad what about…" Gabriel trailed off at the end trying to think of his words wisely although nothing ever escaped his lips after that. 

The tension grew worse and worse by the minute. Y/S/N was now dashing around the hotel room on wiggly fat legs. The occasional giggle escaped his lips whilst that seemed to be the only thing brightening the room.

"What about myself?" This was the first time ever Dean Winchester had ever thought about himself this shocking the others in the room. 

Y/N never glanced up from her folded hands in her lap knowing that eyes were fully on her. "… You don't need to do this for me ya know," The words finally escaped her lips yet she didn't even know if that's what she really was alright with. 

"What other choice do I have? I can't keep being a normal man five days a week and a monster hunter on the weekends!"

"It doesn't mean that you have to give up what you love Dean you can have the both of them-"

"What if I don't want the both of them huh? What if I know having the both of them won't work out… What then?" He questioned voice wavering through disparity. "…What then?"

"You'll have to choose," Sam mumbled the first one to speak up. "Just like you always do,"

"But this time it's… Different,"

"I'm sure you'll make the right choice- listen tonight relax Dean it doesn't have to be rushed me and Gabriel can give you space and be in the room nextdoor," Sam explained going toward the door and taking one last glance back before leaving. 

He couldn't take seeing his brother in pain any longer. 

Then it was simply the husband and wife alone, across the room from one another. Y/S/N had gradually waddled his way over to his father tugging his pant leg lightly.

"Fowd chwer yous up?" He questioned starring at him through sadness. 

"Do you want to go get food?" He questioned turning toward his wife. 

"Sure I could eat," And that was how they were found minutes later in an old crusty diner still open in the brick of the night. 

They were in a booth across from one another as they both sipped their water in silence. Y/S/N next to his mother's warm body, crawling around the booth. 

"What do you usually do to make your decision?" Y/N questioned trying to start a conversation.

"Locking myself in my room burying myself in alcohol and pie," Dean explains truthfully for the first time ever not feeling at all hungry. "This time it's different though… Because I've been sober for five years," A sigh escaped his lips knowing fully well that this would be the hardest to get over. 

Would be one of the hardest decisions he's ever had to make, and the young thirty two year old has made many up until this point. 

"I'm sorry Dean you shouldn't have to make a decision like this," His wife murmured taking his hand from across the table. "We can just go back to the way things were I was fine the way they were,"

Lies. 

Nothing except lies were escaping her lips now, she knew how she felt and yet she couldn't plead with him to stay and quit saving people because she knew fully well that saving other people was more important than just… Her. 

She didn't want him to choose but at the same time she didn't want to risk his chances with her…

With the man that she loved. 

"Things weren't fine… What's the point of being with you if I won't ever get to see you?" He questioned confused through a sigh. 

The truth.

Once again the truth hit them both hard, like a rock to the face and yet neither of them were ready to face it also neither of them wanted to.

"You're afraid that I won't pick you over everything that I've ever known and to be honest I really don't know," The conversation after that wasn't on topic it was like old times… Like their first date all over again.

"Piwe?" His son questioned reaching for Dean's pie across the table. 

"Sure," The blonde mumbled through a grin handing him the plate. 

That had been how Y/N saw what a great man her husband had turned out to be… He loved his pie and would only share it with the people he truly loved. 

That night was one of the roughest that Y/N and Dean have ever had to go through and yet usually being together would help however this time it was the cause of their pain. 

"Goodnight," Dean and Y/N mumbled tucking their son into the couch. 

"I lobes you," The young boy murmured sleepiness clouding his eyes. 

"We love you to," Dean whispered kissing the top of his head. "Sleep tight kiddo," And that was when him and Y/N ended up on separate sides of the bed.

"Goonight," Y/n whispered turning her back to the green-eyed man next to her.

"Goodnight,"

And who would have guessed that once they woke up they were entangled together… I mean obviously it was bound to happen because even if this was a fan fiction it seemed to he the way they always used to wake up when they were at home.

When Y/N woke up she felt relief knowing that everything was going to be alright that the yellow eyed demon was dead and that her son was safe here and Dean had fallen asleep next to her. 

Though that couldn't heal her fear that maybe Dean loved his past more than he loved her… More than his life with her. 

And she was right Dean Winchester had always been one to seclude himself from his family just to keep them safe because he knew that whoever becomes close to him dies and it's only a matter of time for Y/N.

He was supposed to tell them his decision.

She wanted to snuggle Dean before he woke up and act as though it was an accident however once she rolled over to face his side of the bed it was empty… Dean was gone.