Chapter three:The threat

From: Someone hating Miss Popular

Subject: SLUT!!!

T0: Sydney Wood

YOU ARE A SLUT AFTER ALL...

I frowned at my phone's screen after reading the email. It's not as if my first time to receive such a message or email. I've done some pretty mean things to a lot of people so I am not surprised to receive a lot of hate from my Hater's club. The thing is, I'm frigging pissed and sleepless because of that jerk Cole and receiving this crap is making me more pissed off.

"What's wrong, ma chére? You don't like your salad?" My mom asked me with a worried look when she saw me staring at my phone intently and not touching my breakfast.

"Nothing." I replied with a smile. Her face furrowed and scanned my face.

"You look awful. Didn't you sleep well last night? Your eyes have terrible dark circles." She commented with a disapproving look. My face turned sour. Oh, hell no.. Jacqueline Babineaux will definitely force me to take her awful beauty supplements-crap! "I will tell my secretary later to bring you some of the vitamins and healthy drinks that will bring a glow to your skin and will get rid of your stress." I just nodded, feeling dreadful as the thought of consuming those awful-taste-like-a-puke detoxifying drinks clouded my mind. I placed my phone in my blue Saint Laurent Alligator Betty bag and started digging my salad. I was halfway finished when my phone rang. I ignored it, but it kept on ringing and my mom stared at me, wondering, so I unwillingly answered it without even looking at the caller.

"Hello Sydney.." My mouth fell as I heard a familiar creepy-hoarse voice from my favorite thriller movie, The Scream.

"What the fuck---"

"Sydney! Watch your language!" My mom gaped at me looking mortified at my foul language. She looked around and sighed a relief when the maids are not around. She's scared that the maids will gossip about my foul manners and the news will spread in the public since I'm already considered a public figure.

"I'm sorry mom." I said and excused myself from the table. I went to the living room so my mom can't hear me. "Who the hell are you?" I asked the unknown caller firmly. There was no answer. Just dead silence so I decided to click the end button when I heard a chuckle from a very annoying yet familiar voice. "Cole!" I hissed softly, not wanting my mom to hear me.

"God! You gave me a good laugh, Syd." Cole said through his laughter.

"How the hell did you get my number?" I asked calmly, but I really want to hit him if he's just in front of me.

"That's a secret." He answered huskily. I've got a hunch that he took my number from my phone yesterday when I was unconscious at his place.

"Whatever." I ended the call. It rang again, but I put my phone in silent mode and went back to the breakfast table.

"Who was that?" My mom inquired, looking curious as always.

"Nothing. Just a prank caller." I lied. My phone vibrated and a text message appeared. I opened it and my eyes widen at the message.

M @ ur front porch, babe

Letz go 2 skul 2geder

I brought ur car wd me

Hurry up or I'll knock

on ur door

I stood up hastily and grabbed my bag from the chair and kissed my mom on her cheek.