Chapter seven: Mr.Pesky is on patrol 24/7

“Do you really have to do this?” I muttered as I got in his black Porsche.

“Yep.” He replied coolly and fired the car to full speed.

“Why?”

“Cause you're not yet capable of driving since you're still injured?” He glanced at my right wrist which is still encased in a cast.

“Hello! I only have one injured hand. I can still drive, dumb ass.” I gnarled, infuriated at his over-protectiveness which I don't understand. He's not my boyfriend and he's not even my friend to poke his nose in my business and acts like he is concerned of my wellness.

“Just lemme drive you to school for now, OK? I'm bored anyway so just think that you're doing me a favor.” He winked at me.

“What? So, you're telling me, you're doing this shit out of boredom and you just find me entertaining?!” I asked, quite annoyed.

“C'mon, Sydney, you know it's more than that.” He gave me a serious look which puzzled me.

“What are you talking about?” I glared at him with my face full of confusion.

“For a smart girl, you can be so dumb, clueless.” He muttered and pinched my cheek which I slapped instinctively. He chuckled and focused his attention on his driving. When we arrived at the school premises, I jumped off the passenger seat without looking back at Cole and almost ran toward the school building, afraid that someone might see us come together. “Thanks!” He shouted sarcastically behind me which I just ignored and continued walking fast toward my first period. The students stared at me while I walked into the school's hallway to my locker with pity, for the unfortunate turn of events at the HS which led me to the accident that caused me a fractured wrist that would probably last for 6-8 weeks before it'll completely heal according to Dr. Anderson and thanked God, just a minor concussion. Some stared at me with concern and curiosity, probably about the article and the caption about me and Cole and some looked like they're glad it happened to me since to them I'm a mean bitch. I say, to hell with them. Who cares what they think, anyway. I opened my locker to get my book in History when something white, fell on the floor from my locker. I picked it up and curiously opened it, my heart thumping as I was guessing what it is but was surprised yet relieved to see it's just a mere stupid love letter from one of my pathetic secret admirers I have in school. I gasped when from behind me someone grabbed the paper from my grasp.

“Cole! Don't just take something which is not yours! I hissed softly and looked around. I don't want us to be seen together and add up more gossip.

“Dear my lovely Sydney, I am your most loyal and faithful secret admirer. I always look up to you and I worship you in your pedestal. You are so beautiful---” I grabbed the paper back and threw it in the trash bin beside the locker area. Cole chuckled. “Wow! It looks like you have a die hard psycho for an admirer.” Cole commented amused.

“Like you're any better.” I mumbled mainly to myself.