Chapter nine: Feelings in turmoil

I ended up in front of one of the luxurious stores on Madison Avenue while I was walking endlessly with no destination in particular. I decided to go inside to look for something good to buy. It would usually make me feel better when I go shopping. It would normally work. I looked around as soon as I've entered but no one assisted me. I called the store clerk I saw, but she shot me a disapproving look as she gazed down at me. I got irritated by her odd reaction and also wondered because every time I would enter any high end stores, there would always be someone running to assist me, even the manager since I was not just a VIP customer but a VVIP. It got on my nerves that the stupid woman wasn't moving her big ass to assist me. Infuriated, I walked or rather, I marched toward her, but stopped in my tracks and winced when I saw myself in the mirror. The reflection I was seeing was nowhere near of how I normally looked; The classy and sophisticated chic. It was pretty much the opposite. I was wearing a pair of customized tattered fitted jeans, a simple white oversized shirt, and black converse canvas shoes, which I'd only wear during my charity events—Truth to be told, it wasn't that bad, but what ruined it all was my shoulder length hair that was tied in a messy ponytail and my face was bared from any cosmetics and looking so damn pale because of my very recent fever, so I looked like a lost teenage girl who went inside a very luxurious shop without knowing it. No wonder they were ignoring me. Honestly, it was my first time to ever go out looking so out of fashion and not even presentable enough to get any attention from the store clerks. This is all Cole's fault and that stupid psycho who keeps creeping me out with those emails, I thought inwardly. I needed a distraction and now I'd found one. I raised my chin up and glided toward the woman who already turned her back on me. Now, she's gonna have it. No one ignores Sydney Wood! No one!

"Hey!" I hissed and grabbed her shoulder harshly. She turned around, surprised to see me. "When I call your attention, you should rush to serve me, hear me?" I gave her my most intimidating look. She looked baffled at first, but gave me a fake smile afterward.

"I'm sorry, ma'am," she replied innocently. "I didn't see you. What can I help you with?" She went on with her innocent act, denying the fact that she ignored me on purpose and she didn't even look the least apologetic, which got me even more irritated. What a bitch, huh...Let's see how bitchy can you be and how far can you last. I gave her my sweetest, yet wicked smile.

"Follow me and hold everything I choose. Be attentive," I ordered and walked toward the expensive bags. The woman eyed me warily, but still followed me. I had picked a lot of stuffs already when my phone rang. I answered it without looking who the caller was since my mind was focused only on my target. "Hello?"

"Where the hell are you? I called you at your place and your helper said you went out." My heart skipped a bit as I recognized Cole's voice. He sounded angry, though. I calmed myself first before I spoke.

"Where I am right now doesn't concern you. Stop bothering me," I replied bluntly. I went out to cool off, but the insensible jerk kept on bugging me.

"Sydney, I told you to rest. Why did you go out?!" My temper flared, hearing his angry voice and his bossiness.

"Fuck off!" I shouted angrily and dropped the call. I was so frigging pissed and got pissed even more when I caught the store clerk glaring at me in a displeasing manner. I grabbed the most expensive bag and throw it in her face, but luckily she caught it before it landed on her face.

"Miss, please be careful. This item is very expensive and if you get this item even a tiny scratch—" I grabbed another item and threw it at her and this time she wasn't that lucky so the purse landed on the side of her face. "Aww!"