Chapter eight: Nightmare from the past

After the shopping spree which I bought some colorful retro bangles and dangling earrings, I also even bought some fancy multicolored wraps, we decided to drop in at Godiva just beside Kate Spade for some exquisite and yummy chocolate treats. I'm totally into chocolate truffles and Godiva is the best. I bought two boxes of dark chocolate truffles and milk and dark Belgian chocolate-dipped strawberries. Not only that, before we head out for our next destination, we had a soft swirl of chocolate and vanilla on a chocolate almond waffle. It's really to die for. My mood even got better.

“So, chocolate is your weakness huh...” Cole smiled and leaned down to lick the smudge of chocolate on the side of my mouth. I gasped in shock and looked around, but thanked God the girls are busy licking their own ice cream to notice us. My eyes turned to Sarah and caught her smiling at me. Shit! This is just embarrassing! This bastard... In front of his sister.. He.. He... Ugh! I jabbed him in the rib so hard that he groaned in pain. I went to Lucy's side afterward and had a chat with her while we walked to a nearby hair salon just around Madison Avenue.

“Do you like him?” Lucy fired the question right away as usual for some juicy gossip like a dedicated reporter of some gossip magazine.

“Are you kidding me? Stop bugging me with your stupid question, Lucy.” I hissed and gave her a warning look.

“Fine. Just asking, you know. It's not like you killed someone by liking a guy or something.” Lucy grumbled, but shut her mouth when she saw my paled face. “Hey, are you OK, Syd?” I just nodded in response. I noticed that I'm being over sensitive these days and it's not good.

 ====####====

The anxiety I felt vanished into thin air after I saw my new hairstyle. I went for a golden brown to cool blonde ombre shoulder length with natural wave curls. I just love it. The other girls are also done with their awesome new look. I turned around when I heard Cole whistled from behind me and was stunned to see his new look. Carol and Patty convinced or the right term, forced him and his sister to do some makeover too. I've never thought that he could get even more handsome. His dark long layers were cut into medium shag with razor, and side-swept bangs and dyed into ash-brown. I blinked when the girls clapped in chorus.

“Damn! You look so hot with that hairstyle, Harrison.” Audrey squeaked and the others agreed, gleefully.

“Jeez, I thought I was already hot.” Cole joked and laughed when the girls rolled their eyes in unison. “Don't you think so, Sydney?” He turned his gaze back to me with a smirk.

“No.” I uttered, and turned around to hide my burning cheeks.

“Holy cow! Look guys, Sydney is blushing!” The evil bitch, Lisa blurted out and the girls giggled altogether.

“Shut the hell up, Lisa!” I said furiously as my heart beats continuously loud and fast. The stupid Cole came beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“Don't we look good girlfriends?” Cole asked in an animated face.

“Thumbs up.” Lucy and Carol raised their thumbs up in agreement and the others just smiled. I don't know why, but my heart is racing crazily. I elbowed him and told the girls to go home. When we are in Cole's car, I was surprised to see Sarah. I just noticed she dyed her hair into a darker shade of chocolate brown.