Chapter Ten

Your welcome for posting early.

~

Chapter Ten

~

Tristan and I hung out for three whole months before he asked me to be his girlfriend. I had already begun to like him within the first month, so of course I said yes. He was such a great guy. He was funny - he could make me laugh. He wasn't possessive or the jealous type. Well, he was, but he tried not to show it. 

Guys hit on me a lot even when I was with Tristan and I know it pissed him off. They didn't give him a second thought, but I didn't like people disrespecting him in front of me. Disrespecting him meant disrespecting me. 

One month after we became exclusive, we were out just walking down the street. It was really late, but I liked the night, so Tristan put up with it for me. He cared about me - I could see that easily. It made me feel like I was a teenager again, with butterflies in my stomach. 

"Cade, what's your favorite color because you never told me?" Tristan asked after a moment of silence.

I laughed and looked over at him. He was so beautiful, with his short, cropped black hair, pointed nose and strong jaw. His eyes, too. His eyes were so beautiful. And his skin, his skin was like mine. Dark. We were a lot alike, Tristan and I. We both had black hair, blue eyes and tan skin. But we weren't so alike that people would mistake us as siblings or cousins.

"Umm...I never thought about that, Tristan. I like the color blue, I guess," I said, reaching over and brushing my thumb over his cheeks. "Like your eyes."

He stopped and turned around, so he could cup my chin and kiss me lightly on the lips. "I think your eyes are prettier. They look silver in the light."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back, my lips pressing against his soft, moist ones. He had amazing lips, with the most perfect cupid's bow. I was jealous and I never got jealous of people's appearances. 

Tristan pulled back before we got taken away. He had a habit of making me forget about everything except him. "Cade, stop. Or I won't be able to control myself," he groaned.

A smile lit my face. We hadn't even properly made out yet. He wanted to go slow because I was the first girl he'd dated after his deceased, ex-girlfriend, Rachel. I liked starting off our relationship like this, because Jebadiah and I had gotten together after we had sex. 

"Okay," I breathed and twined our fingers, continuing our walk and talking about random things. He was telling me about his friends when three men whistled to catch our attention.

"Hello, love," one of them slurred. He grinned and his teeth were yellow. He also had a scar on down his face. I wrinkled my nose in distaste.

Tristan glared at them and let go of my hand, putting his arm around my shoulder instead. "Let's keep walking, Cade," he murmured in my ear.

I nodded and we took a few steps before the youngest of the men, who was probably in his late twenties, walked forward. I heard his heavy footsteps and it reminded me of that fateful night I had gotten my innocence taken away. These men were just like those six monsters. 

"Hey, we're talking to you," he said harshly. 

The third guy came up. He was blonde. Tristan was trying to keep on walking, but I had stopped, though I still refused to turn around yet. "Don't listen to Mave, here. He's got anger issues. Come on, girlie, we can show you a good time. I doubt your little boyfriend there is taking care of your needs," he purred.