Chapter Nineteen

I've really been getting into Falling Apart, so I'm just going to end this story. :) This is the last chapter. I'm really sad, but happy to come to the end of Cade's story. And this IS the END. No more. No Michael's story, no nothing.

Sorry this last chapter sucks. It got a little rushed at the end, but if I get enough complains about it, I'll edit it and make it good. :)

~

Chapter Nineteen

~

There were so many people, so many joyous faces, laughs and smiles. There were loads of people milling around in the huge yard, hot dogs and hamburgers cooking in the many grills, teenagers throwing around footballs and kicking soccerballs and children playing with each other. It was a perfect day, the sun shining, a light breeze blowing and no clouds in the blue sky.

I found it hard to believe that I was here.

Michael, my now eighteen year old son, was with some of the other werewolf teenagers of the Midnight, Shadow and Moon pack, kicking around a soccer ball. They were playing boys vs. girls and Michael was purposely letting Deanna, his mate slash girlfriend take the ball from him, much to the other boys' dismay. The other mated girls, I could tell, were jealous of Deanna because their other halves didn't even do that for them. But when Michael loved, he loved intently. And I was so proud of him as I watched him, at his full 6'4 height (he had shot up a year earlier) and was taller than both Tristan and me. My first child was growing up way too fast.

Then Andrea, being her bossy seven year old self, ordering around all the other girls who were listening to her every commands. Her curly black hair was in low pigtails and she was wearing a yellow sundress that complimented her flawless, tan skin. She was such a loud girl, she had to have gotten that from her father. The confident way she moved, even at seven, was not how I was like when I was that age.

Landon, at five, who was more quiet and observing like me was standing in the sidelines, watching Michael play soccer. He idolized his older brother, would do anything for him. It was lovely to watch how much Landon loved Michael. Even though Landon was just as popular as Andrea, he tended to wander off by himself more often than not. He was definitely my son. 

My eyes finally landed on the three one-year-olds, two boys, one girl, sitting on the blanket, playing with the numerous toys around them, the recieving end of the attention of at least twenty people. Werewolves loved children and albeit I was a little biased, being their mother, I could honestly say Gabriel, Alexander and Kadence were one of the most beautiful babies I'd ever seen. They had chubby, rosy cheeks and matching green eyes (Tristan's father's eyes. Gabriel and Kadence had brown hair (my mother) and Alexander had blonde (yes, blonde. Apparently my grandmother from my dad's side had blonde hair).

After the multiple miscarriages I'd had, I didn't think I'd have another child again, much less three. But I got pregnant and ended up giving birth to triplets. Tristan and I thought we had been expecting twins, but little Kadence had been hiding behind her older brothers. I was so angry, knowing after pushing out two eight pound babies out of my down there, I had to do it again for the third time.

But they were worth it. So worth it.

Speaking of the devils, as soon as they heard me approaching with plates of food, they simultaneously looked up to beam at me. "Mama!" they cried, reaching out their arms out. I looked over my shoulder at Jebadiah, who was behind me and shot him a desperate look to which he just shrugged and pointed down. I followed his gaze and saw that Caden and Darren, his four year old twin boys, were attached to his legs and were refusing to let go. Looked like we were both in major dilemmas.