Chapter Fourteen

THE BIG REVEAL! DUN DUN DUNNNNN!

This chapter is going to be ridiculously short. But the next chapter will be long.

~

Chapter Fourteen

~

Two years and I finally decided Tristan deserved to know about who I really was. 

I dialed his number and he picked up by the third ring.

"We need to talk," I told him flatly before he could say hello.

Tristan inhaled sharply, but before he could even say anythin, I hung up. He probably thought I was going to dump him, but it was worse. This was life changing. Actually, this was a life or death matter. If he didn't accept me...I don't think I could ever be able to stomach hurting him.

There was a knock on my door in thirty minutes. I bit my lip and ran my fingers through my hair. I was wearing only shorts and a tank top, nothing under. I didn't need the extra clothing for today. I walked to the door and pulled it open, seeing Tristan standing there, shifting on his feet nervously.

"What did you want to talk about?" he asked quietly.

Ignoring his question, I stood aside, so he could walk inside. "Come in."

Tristan looked like he was about to say something, but he decided not to. He stood in the middle of my living room, tugging on his short, black hair, seeming troubled. I couldn't blame him. 

"You're going to break up with me, aren't you?" he questioned, chuckling dryly. "Shit. I knew it. You've been acting weird and....God. And I just bought the...shit."

I closed the door and turned around to watch him silently. He wasn't looking at me at all, like he was too scared to. I'd be scared if I was in his place. I knew I had to tell him this quick. There was no easing him into it. How can you ease someone into telling that you're a girl who was half wolf?

"I...Tristan, I know I've been keeping some things from you...," I started.

Tristan snorted. "some? Try a lot."

I looked down at my feet. This was it. I could feel my heart beating hard against my ribcage, the sound echoing loudly in my ears. Tristan's heart was like mine, going thudthudthud faster than any other human I knew. 

"My real name is Cadrian Forrest and I'm twenty-three years old." The relief that came with saying those words was immense. I felt like a boulder had just been lifted off my shoulder and I was two-hundred pound lighter. 

There was disbelief on Tristan's face. "Is that all? That's all you wanted to tell me?" 

I shook my head, halting the growing smile on Tristan's face. "No..Tristan, that's not it." I gazed at him evenly with warm, compassionate eyes. "I want you to have an open mind about this, okay?"

He only nodded.

"I'm a werewolf."

I shouldn't have been really surprised at his reaction, I guess. It was rational to think I was crazy and delusional. Tristan was laughing hard; he had doubled over and was cupping his stomach, his face bright red.

He managed to control himself in about five minutes. "Cade - Cadrian, you don't really expect me to believe that, are you?" he asked, once he saw that I wasn't laughing along with him.

I slid down my shorts and stepped out of them before yanking off my top, so that I was fully naked. Lust covered his eyes almost instantly.

"What are you doing?" he asked. His breathing was heavy and his voice was husky. His eyes were trained on my chest. I couldn't blame him for being a complete guy.

"Proving to you that I'm a werewolf," I said simply. Then my skin rippled, fur erupting all over my body, my bones cracked and rearranged and I was on all fours.

Tristan stumbled backwards until he crashed into the side table and fell backwards, knocking over a vase filled with dozen yellow tulips Sierra and Ryan had sent me. The vase fell to the floor and shattered into a million unfixable pieces. Not stopping, Tristan scrambled back until he was against the wall, staring at me wide-eyed.

"Holy fuck," he breathed. "Oh my God, no way. No fucking way, no no. This can't be real."

I lifted a paw and took a step towards him,  but he cowered back. He probably wouldn't be able to read the hurt because the face I had was of a wolf. I could understand why he was terrified of me though - I was huge. 

So instead, I just shifted back into my human, slipping on my shirt and sweats. "Do you believe me now?"

Tristan was staring up at me, shock and horror written all over his handsome face. "Tell me that was not real."

"It was real, Tristan. I'm a werewolf. I'm a wolf in a human skin." My white-blue eyes gazed at him evenly.

Slowly, he got to his feet, a strained look on his face. "I can't do this, Cade," he said softly. My heart stopped. "Shit. This is crazy." Tristan ran his hand through his hair. "I'm...I'm going to go home and sleep on this, okay?" But the look on his face told me he wasn't going to be sleeping at all. "I'll see you later."

He almost ran past me, out the door. I sat down, feeling numb, feeling like he'd just shattered my heart. I knew I shouldn't be too hard on him. Finding out his girlfriend was a werewolf probably wasn't easy. 

But I hoped to God he accepted me because I didn't think I could handle the consequences if he didn't.