Chapter Twelve

I'm getting kind of lazy here and not adding a lot of details, so I'm really sorry about that. And sorry, but this has been labeled as restricted. It won't go back to PG-13.

~

Chapter Twelve

~

After we had been dating for a year, I finally decided that it was time Tristan knew about my family and vice-versa. I gave my weekly excuse to Tristan and drove to the Shadow Pack. I hadn't seen Michael in almost a month because he had gotten quite popular at school. It seemed like everyone wanted a piece of hiim.

"Mom!" he yelled. He ran down the mansion steps and into my arms. He was getting so big. I couldn't believe he was already eight. 

"Hi, baby." I hugged him back tightly. "I missed you a lot."

"I missed you, too." He looked up and smiled at me. "Mom, I have so many things to tell you."

Leaning down, I pressed a kiss to his forehead. "I'm all yours this weekend. I have a lot of things to tell you, too. But can I talk to Jeb, first?"

Michael's face fell and I instantly felt bad. But then he nodded. "Okay, Mom." He was frowning. 

"Baby, I promise you can tell me everything, alright?" I picked him up, even though he was way too big to be carried around. He laughed. "I love you." I kissed him on the forehead.

"Mom, you can't carry me! The others might see!" He squirmed, attempting to get out of my arms, but I knew he enjoyed it. He was a momma's boy.

I put him down, albeit a little reluctantly and we walked inside together. "Where is everyone?" I asked.

"They're at the track. The big kids are playing football and everyone is watching. But they won't let me play." Michael pouted.

"Aw. You just have to grow a little bigger, sweetie. What were you doing here?" 

"I was waiting for you, Mom," he said sweetly. 

I ruffled his brown hair which was beginning to get really long. "Want to wait here while I go and speak to Jeb?" 

"Can I go watch the game?" he asked.

I nodded and smiled, watching him go as he ran off. But then, I felt his presence behind me. I turned. 

"Hi, Jebadiah," I smiled and stepped forward to hug him only for him to move back. I frowned, trying to hide the hurt. "Jeb?"

"Who is he?" Jebadiah asked me flatly.

My eyes widened in shock. How did he know? But then I remembered I had forgotten to take a shower. Every time I visited the Shadow Pack, I took a shower to wash off Tristan's scent. But I had visited Tristan right before coming here and didn't take a shower afterwards. I guess his smell still lingered on my skin.

"I-," I stammered and looked down.

"Tell me, Cade, before I have to find out myself," he growled, his eyes darkening in anger.

"I was going to tell you today," I said softly. "Jeb, I've been seeing a human."

He inhaled sharply and looked away. "A human, Cadrian?" I flinched at the use of my given name. He was really angry.

"Jebadiah." My eyes were tearing up. I didn't like making him angry anymore. I guess that tough side of me had mellowed out after the war was over. There was not many things to be angry at. Hunters weren't that big of a problem anymore. "Jebadiah, I think I love him."