13 | POWERFUL EMOTIONS

Everyone in the supernatural community knows, an angry Mikaelson, is a scary Mikaelson. But a scared and angry Mikaelson, is a lethal Mikaelson. And right now, Khalia Mikaelson – the demon Mikaelson as some would refer to her – is both angry and scared. She didn’t even wait for her brothers to enter the compound with her before she sped into the building.

In one swift movement, she ripped out the two vampire’s in the middle hearts, her chest heaving up and down with anger, her deadliest glare on her face as she looked Marcel dead in the eyes. “I’ll give you two minutes to tell me where the hell my sweetheart is before I kill all of these vampires you oh-so-affectionately call your family.” There was a pin dropping silence on the room as Khalia held her arms spread wide, the two hearts in her hands with blood dripping from her fingers.

“What do you think you're doing?” He asked, enraged by the fact that a Mikaelson came into his home and killed not one, but two of his vampires. He was so enraged that he didn’t even think about the fact that Khalia called the werewolf he met earlier her sweetheart. It went against everything he stood for, but unfortunately he couldn’t do anything about it. And even in his most rage filled mind he wouldn’t take on the terrifying vampire that was practically shaking with anger in front of him. He wasn’t suicidal.

“It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs! We've come here for the girl. Give her to us, or we kill everyone here... and unlike Khalia, I’ll be starting with you.” Elijah pipped up, a much less terrifying smirk on his face but scary enough for the vampires around him to take two steps back.

“You two got a lot of nerve, coming into my home and making demands.” Marcel retorted, glaring at the female Mikaelson, who still had the hearts in her hands. Then suddenly she dropped the hearts to the floor and sped in front of Marcel.

“Oh, Marcellus,” She began maliciously, an evil smile on her face, “If you don’t give back my sweetheart, I’ll rip out your heart, put it on a stake and pin it to the top of the compound, making it clear to anyone who dares to touch her that you won’t live to see the next day.” Her voice was so calm it only scared him more and Marcel gulped thickly from said fear.

Klaus smiled fakely as he said, “Your home, is it?” Never in her thousand years of life had Khalia wanted to snap her Hybrid brother’s neck more than she wanted to right in that moment. But she knew that it was his way of deflecting the attention of Hayley, still, she didn’t have to like it.

“The girl! I will not ask again.” Elijah angrily exclaimed, his loud voice making a few of the vampires around him jump. 

“I assume you're talking about Hayley? Yea high, dark hair, bitchy attitude? Who is she, anyway?” Marcel asked, genuinely curious. Khalia opened her mouth, but before she could, Klaus beat her to it.

“She's an old friend. You know how sentimental I am about old friends.” Klaus quipped, shooting Khalia a warning look when she turned to glare at him.

“Well, I ain't got her. And before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight. I was feeling nostalgic, so I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave. And, imagine my surprise when I realized that the Original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl, Hayley, answered the door, we exchanged hellos, that was it. You don't believe me? Look around. Hell, I'll even help you find her. But the question that I'd ask is: if Hayley isn't here, then where is she?” Khalia studied the self-proclaimed king of New Orleans. He seemed to be telling the truth, if the fear of all of the Mikaelson’s wrath in his eyes was anything to go by.