26 | WORST CASE SCENARIO

Khalia Mikaelson is a short tempered person in general. But when it comes to her family and Hayley, it is even shorter than normal. After her talk with Marcel in the kitchen - one that would never be mentioned again, the brunette Mikaelson was walking to her room, wanting to get out of her blood stained clothes and take a shower. Walking with blood on herself for hours wasn't unusual for the Demon Mikaelson and she didn't mind it but the smell was starting to get to her. Then, as she walked past Hayley's room, one sentence caught her attention.

"Please, don't tell Khalia. I don't want her to worry." The pregnant girl's voice hit her vampire ears and immediately she began to worry. She can never control her feelings around the werewolf. That is why she entered the room, eyes narrowed as she looked at Hayley and who the werewolf was talking to. Elijah.

"Don't tell Khalia, what?" The female vampire asked, taking a step closer to the duo. She heard Hayley's heartbeat speed up, watched as her brother adverted his eyes all around the room expect at her. "People might not believe it, but I do have patience. Albeit it's not an amount to be proud of, but it's there and after the day I've had most of it has evaporated, suffice to say, if I don't get an answer in the next five seconds, I am not going to be held responsible for my actions. I will ask again, don't tell Khalia, what?"

Hayley sighed, caving when Khalia fixed her dark brown eyes on her. "Earlier today, Rebekah was taken. That's how that Papa-guy was so powerful, he was channeling her. Elijah and I found her in a warehouse but in order to save her, I had to let him bite me so we could use the baby's witch blood to break the spell."

Khalia's heart stopped, her world tilted on its axis for a few seconds and the only thing that was keeping her grounded, that was keeping her from lashing out at everything and everyone, was the fact that Hayley was standing infront of her without a scratch. But knowing what the werewolf did - after Khalia had asked her a thousand times to stay inside the Compound when she was not around to protect her - made her angry. Angry because, what if something happened at that warehouse and I wasn't there to protect her?

Elijah winced and Hayley braced herself for the yelling that was about to come from the female Mikaelson. But it never came. The looked at Khalia and saw her looking at them in silence and really, this was so much worse that any of her yelling.

"I have to go." Was all the Original vampire said before turning around and leaving the room to go and take a shower. In her room she got a change of clothes and entered her ensuite. Water cascaded down her body as worst case scenario's flashed across her mind and each one of them ended with a lifeless Hayley. Khalia let out a roar of frustration, hitting the shower wall with her fist. The tiles shattered under the force of her supernatural strength.

After her shower, she went to find her Hybrid brother. He told her that he wanted to give a speech but needed her by his side. Something about presenting a united front. Khalia wasn't sure why exactly he wanted her and not Elijah, but she agreed. She wasn't exactly in the mood for her brother or a certain werewolf.

She stood by his side, face stone cold and hands locked behind her back as Klaus gives a speech to the crew of vampires in the compound. "Not long ago, you all united against me. You failed. Since then, in my benevolence, I have wiped the slate clean. Yet, it seems clear you think that I am the one who needs to earn your respect, your loyalty. You're mistaken. It is you who must prove yourselves to me. Our community is under attack. I require soldiers. I need warriors, not cowards. Each of you has a decision to make. You either fight alongside me or you leave now."