23 | I DON'T HATE YOU

The next day, Elijah was looking through an old book about witches throughout the ages. According to Elijah, who assembled pieces of Davina's sketches which turned out to be his old lover Celeste, Davina called her an evil. Khalia then went to have another talk with Hayley and the pregnant girl asked the female Original to let her tell Elijah herself. Reluctantly, she agreed because Khalia knew her brother would be angrier if it didn't come from Hayley herself. That being said, the two male Mikaelson's wondered what the sketches meant, the female not caring if it didn't affect her family or Hayley and the baby. Right now, Khalia was sitting in a room with her dark haired brother and the werewolf as he talked about witches.

"The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them häxa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city." Elijah told them, looking slightly more uptight than usual - and that was saying something.

"Thank you for that unasked history lesson." Khalia snarked with a roll of her eyes. "Do you have a point that you'd like to make, Professor?" The Original asked as she made herself comfortable on the couch, she propped her feet up on the coffee table, making some of the sketches fall of the table. Hayley smiled from where she was sitting next to the female vampire and Elijah glared at his sister.

"There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina." The eldest living Mikaelson said, slapping his sisters feet of the table and putting the sketches in the correct order once again. Khalia rolled her eyes, but got the point and kept her feet on the ground. Hayley smiled at them, for thousand year old beings, they did surprisingly normal things. Then again, all siblings irritates one another.

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection. Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence." The Hybrid said, walking into the room with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"Okay, first of all, you're the only volatile artist in this residence." Khalia noted, getting a smug smile from her Hybrid brother, as she stood up to look for some booze. "Second of all, in order to be an evil, doesn't the witch have to be, geez I don't know, alive?"

"Yes." Elijah agreed with his sister. "Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?" The eldest Original said and Khalia rummaged through the cupboards, grinning when she found a nice bottle of Scotch.

"Why does any witch do anything?" Klaus asked retortically, not really looking for an answer but rather to give Elijah one to his question.

"To pissed people of." Khalia suggested with a shrug, plopping back down next to Hayley, a little closer than she was before. The sound of something crashing and breaking takes the attention of the four supernaturals and they listen to Davina and Marcel fight.

"So glad I'm never having kids." Khalia muttered, taking a long pull of Scotch. She turned to Hayley. "No offense, sweetheart."

"None taken." She assured the vampire with a small smile.

"Well, that's going well." The Hybrid said, refering to the fighting between the vampire and the witch upstairs.