24 | LOOKS OF FONDNESS

Khalia Mikaelson stared at the church with distaste in her eyes. A bunch of humans, who are fake for the most part, and a priest that is aware of the supernatural life in New Orleans is not exactly her cup of tea. Grabbing a box with canned food, she followed Hayley and Klaus - grumbling all the way. The immortal girl made sure to keep her eye on Hayley, not wanting the pregnant girl to carry a box that was to heavy for her and would throw her off balance.

"Oh, come on, Khalia, it's not that bad." The werewolf said, slowing down and falling into step with the female Mikaelson. Hayley gave her a smile, hoping to sooth her.

"I did not say it is bad. I'm just saying, I don't understand why we have to do charity work when the city could go down." Khalia huffed, looking at her Hybrid brother walking infront of them. "Nik, why are we delivering these ourselves? Why not compel a human?"

"Just stop talking, Khalia. For once, just keep quiet." The male Mikaelson muttered without any real bite and the brunette vampire eyed her brother, but obliged to his request - even if she didn't understand it. Entering the church, they find Father Kieran talking talking to someone and handing out food. He sees Klaus, Hayley and Khalia and hurries over to them. Meanwhile, a large crowd of people are milling about inside.

"We still haven't gone through all that you've already provided, Klaus." The priest says and this was news to the Mikaelson sister and it had Khalia's eyebrows climbing up to her hairline. Much like all of the Originals, her brother wasn't exactly the giving type. It also made her curiousity grow.

The Hybrid smiles and looks at Hayley. "Well, this newest bit isn't from me."

"Oh? That's very kind of you...?" Kieran trailed off, clearly not knowing who the pregnant girl is and why Khalia Mikealson was watching him with narrowed eyes.

"Hayley." She introduced, catching on. The werewolf looked around once more. "And these people are?"

"I asked Father Kieran to give them shelter. He suffers from an incessant desire to do good. But now, I need you to be useful. Marcel and Davina have disappeared." The Hybrid speaks in one go. Khalia notices the stunned look on Kieran's face and decided that he didn't help the two supernaturals. This time. "I assume from the stupefied look on your face they haven't sought refuge in your attic."

"No. Those days are gone." The priest confirmed what Klaus said.

"Then energize your resources. I don't need to remind you how important it is they be found." The Hybrid told him, and Khalia took a step closer to Hayley and put a glare on her face when she noticed some of the people looking at the werewolf and pointing to her.

"Yes." Kieran leaves to make some calls. Both Hayley and Khalia is looking around in confusion at all of the people congregated inside. This made no sense to the female vampire whatsoever.

"I have a question." Khalia said, looking at her brother and raising her hand for effect. "Why are you helping humans all of a sudden?"

"These people, they're werewolves..." Hayley corrected for the sake of the female vampire. Said vampire had to bite her tongue to keep her from saying anything. "And the priest, he said that you donated the food."She looks at him in disbelief while Khalia just looked annoyed. "You're helping them?"

"You brought me to a doggie party?" The immortal girl asked, not being able to hold her tongue any longer, annoyance and distaste on her face evident as she scrunched her nose up. Hayley smiled at the look on her face but frowned at the way she described werewolves.